June Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it! Afterward I iced my hip/back and knees for about 15 minutes. Feeling pretty good.

Just curious, but have you tried different sneakers? I swore by Nike Air Pegasus for 30 years (seriously). Even though the models would change slightly every couple of years, I stuck by my brand because they felt comfortable when I put them on. Then a few years ago, my second to last toe on my right foot start to give me a lot of sharp pain - nearly always at the end of a walk or when I had been on my feet for a while, like shopping. I finally realized that the pain usually occurred when I was wearing certain shoes (nearly always my sneakers and my Dansko clogs). I stopped wearing those shoes and the pain went away.

Reactions: PTree15
Shoes are soooooo important! I bought a pair of Saucony walking shoes like 10 years ago, only come in suede or smooth leather, and they're so perfect I just got another. I'd tried all their other shoes that fit my supination, and these are the only ones that work with my gait, my arches, wide toes, narrow heel..... Asics are ok for every day wear, but serious walking and I'm screwed- not enough support.
I feel it in feet, ankles, knees and hips!

Just curious, but have you tried different sneakers? I swore by Nike Air Pegasus for 30 years (seriously). Even though the models would change slightly every couple of years, I stuck by my brand because they felt comfortable when I put them on. Then a few years ago, my second to last toe on my right foot start to give me a lot of sharp pain - nearly always at the end of a walk or when I had been on my feet for a while, like shopping. I finally realized that the pain usually occurred when I was wearing certain shoes (nearly always my sneakers and my Dansko clogs). I stopped wearing those shoes and the pain went away.
I have three different pair of sneakers. I did consider it could be the shoes. But they’re not inexpensive ones so hopefully it’s not that. I mean it’s not like I’m running a 5k or anything. We’re talking a two mile walk. And I was fine for months. I just think this is something that’s going to be an issue for me every so often. It seems to happen 3 times a year now.

I do have two pair of flats that I was wearing for work. I had to give them away because I was getting toe/foot cramps every day. Since not wearing them I haven’t had any issues for weeks now.

I ate out twice last week. I'm feeling really sluggish and overfed.🤦‍♀️

I'm back to eating healthier this week. Cereal and soya milk for breakfast, homemade soup with bread for lunch and then veggie spaghetti for dinner. I will have snacks of fruit and some cherry yoghurt.

Anyone try the new flavors of La Croix sparkling water? I'm hooked now :eek:. Normally don't spend money on drinks, but I tried their coffee/cola, as well as just the cola. No sweeteners at all, just flavor and sparkling water
They've got a ton of new flavors!
Discover NiCola Sparkling Water Flavors

I've seen those drinks on YouTube, they look nice but they are expensive here. £52 for 24 cans. How much do they cost per can over there?

Reactions: Poppy
I ate out twice last week. I'm feeling really sluggish and overfed.🤦‍♀️

I'm back to eating healthier this week. Cereal and soya milk for breakfast, homemade soup with bread for lunch and then veggie spaghetti for dinner. I will have snacks of fruit and some cherry yoghurt.

I've seen those drinks on YouTube, they look nice but they are expensive here. £52 for 24 cans. How much do they cost per can over there?
I got 8 packs (12 oz cans) on sale for $3.50. I think they're over $4 regularly. I haven't seen cans sold by themselves. I don't know the conversion for money

I got a different sparkling water in the end. The brand is called LOVEAU and I got watermelon and a berry flavour.

Reactions: Poppy and Val

At Walmart, they run about $3.40 for a 12 pack. I, however, happily pay more to avoid going to the closest Walmart, which is a big mess. I love La Croix - especially the passionfruit.

Reactions: Val
I'm still walking every day but I'm not doing yoga nearly as much as I should. I need to somehow add it to the morning routine. I think I feel the pressure to get outside and get the walk done because of the heat, and then when I get home, I'm in "ok, I'm done with exercise" mode.:rolleyes:

I walked again this morning. So excited! I have over 11,000 steps and it’s only 2:30 in the afternoon. Love that. :)
Awesome!!

I am liking this toning app a lot. I had to take a day off because my back acted up yesterday. I had walked in flip-flops the day before, about 3 miles total (split up during the day). The flip-flops are ortho-type ones, but I don't think it was a good idea to walk that far in them, haha. Today, my back felt much better, so I'll continue with the app. I got into a pair of capris I hadn't worn in a while, so that felt good. They are still too tight but they were wearable. I couldn't even wear them a month ago, so I must be doing something right, haha. :D

Reactions: Val and KLS52
At Walmart, they run about $3.40 for a 12 pack. I, however, happily pay more to avoid going to the closest Walmart, which is a big mess. I love La Croix - especially the passionfruit.
I may go to see if they carry the Nicola ones! The coffee one in 8 packs is what I like. My son loves the Nicola cola flavor. There's a minty rum flavor that sounds weirdly intriguing

Why does having tooth pain make me crave everything? My whole mouth still hurts from having an implant last thurs. Says it's the exposed bone. I'm so regretful but I still don't know what else I could have done- it's the money, not the implant

I thought I'd have loads of time on maternity leave to get fit!

Hahaha

Haha

Ha...

Nope. :rolleyes::rofl:

I lost weight! I was starting to think I would stay at the same weight. But I checked the scale each morning for a few days and the numbers are showing that I've lost about 7-8 pounds in the past 4 months. Woo!

I think most of that weight loss was in the past month. I'm eating more regularly, which my body seems to like. Also, my appetite is coming back. I feel hungry more often and actually crave certain foods now. Yaaay.

Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
I have been doing badly lately (again). Not wanting to keep track of food because I keep going over my calorie budget, then I feel like "f*ck it". I read an article the other day about sugar. It is recommended not to exceed 25 grams a day. This is impossible! I looked back at my food budget and most days I have twice or more than that. Sometimes I have over 100 g of sugar! I am going to try to reduce those numbers!

I have been doing badly lately (again). Not wanting to keep track of food because I keep going over my calorie budget, then I feel like "f*ck it". I read an article the other day about sugar. It is recommended not to exceed 25 grams a day. This is impossible! I looked back at my food budget and most days I have twice or more than that. Sometimes I have over 100 g of sugar! I am going to try to reduce those numbers!

Boy, I get that "f*ck it!" response to going over your numbers! I used to lie about my calorie overages on my fitbit app (like I was fooling anyone!) Lol.

I'm starting to hear more and more of my friends talk about how addicted they are to sugar. I guess it's one of the *ahem* "benefits" of growing up with a weight obsessed, wacko mother - I've been well-trained to avoid sugar my whole life. :rolleyes: I definitely snack - it's just more likely to be a slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter or broiled Chao cheese than a cookie or two. Still, any time you try to moderate anything you've become dependent upon is a huge behavioral challenge. Good luck!

Reactions: KLS52
🙋🏼‍♀️ Sugar addict here. But I’m not even going to try and kick the habit. I’ve never seemed to have an issue with my high sugar intake. My body tends to have a worse reaction to food high in fat and/or carbs. I’ve been overdoing it on all fronts for about 4 weeks now but I’m finally hitting a point where I’m feeling like I can start to do better again. My motivation is kicking in finally.

Reactions: Val
You guys reminded me that I got Aldis thin mint cookies (for my son)!
After having this stupid dental implant I'm craving everything-everything including all kinds of dairy stuffs
I finally got the pain resolved. yesterday I could feel a hard thing on the inside and when I went for the xray he said it was a piece of bone fragment. He numbed it and pulled it out, so far so good!
I made instant mashed potatoes with some no chik'n broth- a big ole bowl, and not very good :sigh:
I may have some cookies and tea

Status
Not open for further replies.