Last Thing You Bought?

I've been eyeing leave in conditioners and got this from amazon $4.85. Works great for my hair--reminds me of Paul Mitchell leave in serum I can't remember what it was called, or find it now.
Monday leave in conditioner
Eh....it really doesn't do much at all :shrug: . I think maybe more for fly aways that are a little dry?
I'm gonna start using conditioner for two days, then shampoo on the third- see how it goes. Today was just conditioner and looked much better. My hair is puffy and I'm trying to grow it out

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
@Blues ues Hopefully you can at least use them in dry weather? But yeah- that sucks. I've usually waterproofed my winter footwear if they weren't labelled as being waterproof when I bought them.
One of the perks dealing with Temu Tom , is that they have a very good return policy.
It’s postage paid to some place in NZ . Once they get it the money is credited to your account

• Informative
Reactions: Tom L.
I wanted some accessories to style my home as we are selling and the marketing people are coming round this week to take photos. I went to a charity shop early this morning and they had really nice things there. I got 4 cushions, a flower vase and three more decorative vases. I also got a brand new (with tags) loungewear set. This was all only £27! The women who worked there said I was lucky as all new stock had come in at the weekend.

That looks amazing! So happy for you!
Now I want an awning over my deck lol.
Thank you! It really is a great thing to have because it helps keep the house cooler in addition to providing shade. I so wanted to sit out on the deck tonight, but it was just too hot. I will put out the chairs and table tomorrow. :)

Reactions: KLS52
I subscribed to The NY Times. It's $4/month for six months. I want it at least until after the election.
I think I'll do the same!

I ordered another tub/shower diverter (spout) as mine is starting to leak. It's only two years old! I bought one from amazon warehouse so only $11
I really need to get an electrician to install the ceiling fan I bought, and give estimates for doing some rewiring

I ordered another tub/shower diverter (spout) as mine is starting to leak. It's only two years old! I bought one from amazon warehouse so only $11
I've had good luck with warehouse buys tilll now. The tub spout is covered in some kind of black epoxy! Box has label saying 'renewed' :rolleyes: :laughing:
Mines still ok, just has to be played with sometimes

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I hit a couple of farm stands for some corn on the cob, tomatoes and cucumbers. I also got some blanket yarn on sale at Joann's for my new obsession: loaf cats (see crochet thread :D ).

Reactions: Raven and KLS52
My friend showed me where this cool, independent health food shop is near where we live. I bought lots of snacks, veg spreads for crackers and sandwiches and crisps, lol. I did get some peppermint tea which is fairly healthy. I'm definitely going to go back there as they stock brands that I have only seen in London.

I subscribed to The NY Times. It's $4/month for six months. I want it at least until after the election.
I should have specified that it's the online subscription...my cousin is getting the paper copy at $5/wk through November.

This past July, Japan issued new versions of their paper money for the first time in 20 years. I ordered my own set. The one below is the front of the 5000 Yen showing Umeko Tsuda, who fought for women's rights and education in Japan. The 5000 Yen of the past 2 series have depicted women. The full set contains only three bills: 1,000, 5,000, and 10,000 Yen.

5000Yen.png

Haven't purchased quite yet but we are looking into a new clothes dryer that is energy efficient and a heat pump for the lower level so that we don't have to use the baseboard heating.

We are being bled dry by our electric company Eversource. The consumer is being hit with a public benefits charge that is an outrageous 29%. It's to pay for people who were unable to pay their electric bills during covid and for charging stations for electric vehicles (whether you own one or not). There's going to be a protest in a week or so in Hartford. I think NBC news is going to cover it. Part of the issue is that the people who were are unable to pay are being billed now...so it's like they are double dipping. Consumers are outraged and rightfully so.

• Sad
Reactions: Tom L. and silva
Haven't purchased quite yet but we are looking into a new clothes dryer that is energy efficient and a heat pump for the lower level so that we don't have to use the baseboard heating.

We are being bled dry by our electric company Eversource. The consumer is being hit with a public benefits charge that is an outrageous 29%. It's to pay for people who were unable to pay their electric bills during covid and for charging stations for electric vehicles (whether you own one or not). There's going to be a protest in a week or so in Hartford. I think NBC news is going to cover it. Part of the issue is that the people who were are unable to pay are being billed now...so it's like they are double dipping. Consumers are outraged and rightfully so.
Check into tax saving/other energy rebates. I need to have my old knob and tube addressed and discovered there are programs the states had to implement, from Bidens deals. Ohio however, has not started them :worried:

Reactions: KLS52