May Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An unintentional workout happened yesterday when I helped my friend and her husband move. They ended up having less help than expected, so that meant extra work for us. Sooo many heavy boxes of books, and so many large pieces of furniture!! And we had to walk up a slight incline to get them into the new place. My upper back is really sore today.
Geez!:hug: You're a hero!:pa:

:fp: I'm so out of shape....
I thought "hey I'll take my bike to the park..."
I fussed around trying to get what I thought was a quick release front tire off so I could put it in my hatchback easier. Well, I got it off the forks, but couldn't get it off because it was caught on the front brakes, then I had a terrible time wrangling it back after playing with the brakes and not getting anywhere....
So I tried putting the front seat down, but it wouldn't go down far enough and the bike wouldn't fit...
So I just got on it and went around the block..and had a hard time just pedaling back home. Barely 5 minutes I'd think:oops:
I thought I was getting better with doing squats and walking...not nearly enough
How's the pressure in the tires? I find that makes a huge difference for ease of pedalling. Sometimes they can be underinflated even if they don't look like it.

Geez!:hug: You're a hero!:pa:
I sure felt like one... lol.. They kept thanking me. It would have seriously sucked for them had I not been there. The guy with the truck ended up not coming because he felt sick, but then he still went out to this social thing... so my friend was very annoyed with him. I would have been too!

Reactions: PTree15
How's the pressure in the tires? I find that makes a huge difference for ease of pedalling. Sometimes they can be underinflated even if they don't look like it.
I'd just inflated them! I haven't looked at it since, but I'm thinking maybe the brakes were sticking on the front tire, since I had to fight to try and get it off, and then back on, because it wouldn't go past the brakes.....:shrug:
Or maybe I'm really in terrible shape! I do stop at every stop sign, which is a lot of stop/starting.
I so want to get to a bike path, but can't seem to put my bike rack on my hatchback, hence trying to get the front tire off . It has a quick release but won't go over the tire bulge

I got in lots of walking last week, especially on Thursday in New York City. I met up with friends from Minnesota who were in NYC for one day, and we all went to a concert and a couple of craft breweries. The beer I consumed probably undid a lot of the 6 or 7 miles I walked, but I figure I broke even, so it's all good. :D I also walked on Friday and Saturday.

Not doing so great in the sleep department.
C503A088-A2DB-4F30-9396-11F9AE3B8834.jpeg

I wasn't looking forward to seeing my GP today but he said apart from the slight folic acid deficiency everything else on my blood tests was excellent. My thyroid has gone back into the normal range already. He said that was very quick to have gone back to normal as it's been less than two months on the medication.:woo: I told him that I feel much better and much less fatigued.

Reactions: Katrina and KLS52
I have been sooooo focused in May - exercise-wise, eating-wise, drinking-wise :p. It's really starting to pay off! (Which is great as there's no way I'd ever be able to maintain this level of perfection beyond a month!!!)

Reactions: KLS52
Yeah, what is with being able to stay on a good program for about a month, then start craving? Every one of those habit changing site tells you it takes 30 days to change a habit :rolleyes:.
I've done wfpb , no oil no sugar,(fudging on the oil though- with vegan mayo), but about 30 days in I begin getting these antsy cravings for things. I was sooooo good this month, easily, then came home yesterday and no amount of starch or fruits would curb my desire for something crisp and salty! I ended up putting chik;'n nuggets and onion rings in the oven and loving every bite!
Well, I have been having Beyond Sausage o_O.
In Feb I was far more strict and when I caved in March it was a disaster!

I went 2-3 weeks without weighing myself, then finally tried on Sunday. It has gone down a bit more... of course, I ate a piece of chocolate cake that very same day, so I bet it went up again. Oh well.

Instead of focusing too much on my weight, I am trying to eat more normally. I've gotten pretty good about eating VERY small breakfasts and lunches... basically they are snacks, but it used to be nothing all day until dinner. I've started to cook again this week, so I'm hoping to cook some meals in bulk and freeze them.

Reactions: Val
Does it sound like I have an ED? I don't think that I do. My appetite just sucks. Or I should say, it HAS been crappy. I think it's improving.

Does it sound like I have an ED? I don't think that I do. My appetite just sucks. Or I should say, it HAS been crappy. I think it's improving.
I had the impression you were on the thin side, not eating much. So I was surprised when you mentioned wanting to lose weight.

I haven’t gotten on the scale in a few weeks and I’m a little scared that I hit 140. After losing a few pounds when Ben was sick, I kind of went on a junk food binge after he died. I’ve been eating chips/crisps/popcorn every day and chocolate. Even with the walking it’s not enough to keep the pounds off. I think I will brave the scale today though. I have to face it head on if I’m going to keep control of it. My pants still fit so I was using that as a gauge but I can’t always trust that.

I’m still eating very healthy and getting my nutrients. I just need to cut down on the snacks/comfort eating. Summer fruits are becoming more readily available so that should help.

I also haven't weighed myself for a while however I have fit in my pre pregnancy jeans since 7 days pp. I need to tone up with some activity though now, but dont really have the energy to do much as of yet. In June we will get out for walks etc & maybe fit in some quick home workouts.

If you don't see me see me on the june thread, tell me off please :rofl:

Since I got the good blood tests back I haven't done anything at all, just eaten what I like and I haven't done any exercise apart from walking.:rofl:

Reactions: Chryssie and Val
I had the impression you were on the thin side, not eating much. So I was surprised when you mentioned wanting to lose weight.
I used to be on the thin side, then I gained weight in the past few years... even though I wasn't eating regularly. I think that's partly because when I DID eat, it was usually chocolate and other junk food.

ARGH- the local gym chain is closing the branch I've been going to. There are other branches, one of which I've used- but I don't know if I'll want to use them. I was thinking of letting my membership expire anyway- it was doing me good, but I don't think it's possible for me to get any stronger than I am now. It's not just my age. I have a naturally slender build and there's only so much I can develop.

I've belonged to this chain since the early 1980s, and the first 2 branches I belonged to closed; I used to joke that I hoped I didn't put the Kiss Of Death on my current branch... which is now closing, even though it's rather new...

At least I'll still be doing a lot of vigorous walking. That's my main transportation, even though I do have a driver's license- and I do enjoy walking, whereas if I got a small home gym, I doubt I'd use it. Maybe I'll let my gym membership expire, and if I still miss my workouts after a year or two, I'll re-join.

Reactions: Poppy
I also haven't weighed myself for a while however I have fit in my pre pregnancy jeans since 7 days pp. I need to tone up with some activity though now, but dont really have the energy to do much as of yet. In June we will get out for walks etc & maybe fit in some quick home workouts.

If you don't see me see me on the june thread, tell me off please :rofl:

There's no hurry and my advise is to take it easy. You'll get plenty of 'workouts' when Elias will start to crawl
everywhere.:p

I've had a pretty good month! I've lost 4 pounds (2 of which I lost previously and gained back), which makes me 1.4 pounds away from my goal. Going dry for the month really helped with my calories. I'm probably going to stay alcohol free for a while longer. I'm really surprised at how much better I feel. I didn't think I was drinking all that much, but I'd certainly increased the amount since Kelly moved out in January of 2017 and that's when I really started to gain weight (eating out and drinking wine!). I've lost 18 pounds since March 2018 and two pants sizes. :starshower:

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.