May Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't worked out this week. First I got sick on Monday and didn't feel better until Wednesday. I worked on Wednesday, so I decided to run on Thursday. But then it was rainy, and I was worried about the weather making me more sick, so I waited until today. Now it's snowing.

Normally I don't let bad weather stop me. It's just an excuse. I mean, we have a treadmill. I could also do a body weight workout inside. I dunno, I just don't feel like it this week. 😓

I haven't worked out this week. First I got sick on Monday and didn't feel better until Wednesday. I worked on Wednesday, so I decided to run on Thursday. But then it was rainy, and I was worried about the weather making me more sick, so I waited until today. Now it's snowing.

Normally I don't let bad weather stop me. It's just an excuse. I mean, we have a treadmill. I could also do a body weight workout inside. I dunno, I just don't feel like it this week. 😓
I often use the weather an excuse. :D. I have enough good cold weather gear to sweat when it's 20 degrees outside, but sometimes, my mind is just not into. Your body might still be recovering from being sick, too, so rest can be a good thing.

I am still taking the outside walks in the evenings. Now they are getting boring as I have walked around most of the blocks nearest me and I will not venture to the other side of New Hampshire as then it gets "hoody." I could drive to a park or park downtown and walk there for a change of scenery or just go back on the treadmill.

Funny about the weather determining if we walk or not. When Summer ends I can walk all the way up until December, in the mornings, when it’s 25-30 degrees out as long as there’s no wind. But then when Winter is done, I can barely stand it if it’s under 50 degrees. Lol. So weird.

My apartment gets really hot in the summer. There are about a dozen days where my apartment is inhabitable. But as long as I have some warning I can figure out how to spend the day out of the apartment.

On warm days I try to save my walks for the afternoon.

I went for a walk/jog first thing this morning while it was still cool. and if it gets to warm in here I will go far a walk, too.

Funny about the weather determining if we walk or not. When Summer ends I can walk all the way up until December, in the mornings, when it’s 25-30 degrees out as long as there’s no wind. But then when Winter is done, I can barely stand it if it’s under 50 degrees. Lol. So weird.
Same here! Maybe it's our hunkering-down winter mindset. Sometimes I just want to wrap myself up in an afghan and sit on the couch with a hot cup of coffee or tea. :D

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Same here! Maybe it's our hunkering-down winter mindset. Sometimes I just want to wrap myself up in an afghan and sit on the couch with a hot cup of coffee or tea. :D
Add me too! Not only outside, but inside. I keep the thermostat about 65 in the winter and be ok, but now if it's just a bit chilly out I'll raise it to 68-69.
I also blame it on the pollen

I walked at the park that is on my way to the library this morning. I picked up my book and stopped at the park. It was a really nice morning and I enjoyed the walk around the pond in the park. There were a few people walking and a few at the dog park also. I think I am going to walk at parks more often.

I took a really nice walk today and did 4.3 miles. It felt really good to stretch the legs a bit. The wind was a bit much, but I bundled up and was quite comfortable.
It really ended up being a nice day here...lots of sunshine. As usual, the wind is what ruined it and made it feel colder than it was.

I didn’t get a walk in because of the wind but managed 8000 steps just by keeping busy getting the house in order, cleaning cabinets and unpacking some stuff.

I've been doing some of Zanna Van Dijk's YouTube workouts most days. They're 20 minutes long max which makes them easy to fit in in the mornings..some are no equipment which is handy when I'm trying to work out with a small child running around me. :)

I hate feeling too hot, I would rather be cold and try and warm up rather than the other way around.

I have been keeping up with the meditation twice a day but I'm having horrible dreams/nightmares at night. The author of the book said this could happen at first. I am about to go out for an hour walk after my breakfast.

I walked at the park that is on my way to the library this morning. I picked up my book and stopped at the park. It was a really nice morning and I enjoyed the walk around the pond in the park. There were a few people walking and a few at the dog park also. I think I am going to walk at parks more often.
Your libraries are open? I'm jealous!

Not like it really matters, since I have a big pile of unread books... I just like to have the option. :sweat:

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I've been doing some of Zanna Van Dijk's YouTube workouts most days. They're 20 minutes long max which makes them easy to fit in in the mornings..some are no equipment which is handy when I'm trying to work out with a small child running around me. :)

I've been doing the smorgasbord strategy and just trying a little bit of everything on YouTube. I haven't tried anything from Zanna yet. Thanks for the suggestion. :) I'm going to try her 20 Minute FULL BODY Workout // Dumbbell Only workout tomorrow. Today is my walk/run day. 🚶‍♂️

Not like it really matters, since I have a big pile of unread books... I just like to have the option. :sweat:

I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is the library opening again. Although yeah, it shouldn't matter to me so much. I too have a pile of unread books. Plus all the books on my kindle. And then there are all the e-books I've been finding in the library's catalog.

I haven't finished trying all the free video workouts in YouTube. And I haven't even started on my Tubi list. But i have this conception that the exercise DVDs in the library are just what I've been looking for. I suppose it's partly grass is always greener.

Reactions: Katrina
I've been doing the smorgasbord strategy and just trying a little bit of everything on YouTube. I haven't tried anything from Zanna yet. Thanks for the suggestion. :) I'm going to try her 20 Minute FULL BODY Workout // Dumbbell Only workout tomorrow. Today is my walk/run day. 🚶‍♂️
I think that's a great strategy! That's kind of what I do too. I used to use fitnessblender a lot too.

I think that's a great strategy! That's kind of what I do too. I used to use fitnessblender a lot too.

I still have to get back to Fitness Blender. but I'm not sure the smorgasbord approach is a good long term strategy. A lot of hunting and searching. Plus I would like my workouts to be more like a program that is both progressive and interrelated.

The library is not open to the public except if you make an appointment to use a computer. They have been doing curbside pickups if you go online and reserve items. They email you when they are available and you drive up to the door, call them, and they bring out your items and put them on a cart. You wait for them to get back inside, then get out of the car and pick them up.

Reactions: Katrina and KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.