Meati Mushroom Products

LoreD

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I just picked up a package of Meati MycellIium chick'n nuggets. I had been wanting to try the products, but I had to take a deep breath over the price. I paid $8.39 for a small package of nuggets. I really wanted to try the the burgers, but $11.39 for two small burgers was way too much for me.

I haven't tried the nuggets yet, but I have heard really good things about them.

They really need to get the price down. I'm willing to pay extra, but $5.70 per burger plus sales tax is just too much for most people's budget, even as a treat.

• Agree
Reactions: bEt and Tom L.
I wonder where the high price comes from. Does it really cost that much to produce, and if so, why?
Honestly, the price of animal products is extremely and artificially low, and also low for reasons like unforgivably poor conditions for the animals and the workers alike. If eggs, milk, flesh, were priced to reflect the true cost, they would be many times what the price of those nuggets is.
Maybe it's partly high because production is low and they don't have the advantages that come with having a larger market? Or maybe they are still paying for building the new factories they need to make it? Maybe they treat and pay their workers at least somewhat fairly? And maybe too somebody's lining their own pockets . . .
I don't usually buy specialty things like that, but I do splurge more with food than I do with anything else. I will wear a t-shirt with holes in it before I give up my healthy groceries.

I wonder where the high price comes from. Does it really cost that much to produce, and if so, why?
Honestly, the price of animal products is extremely and artificially low, and also low for reasons like unforgivably poor conditions for the animals and the workers alike. If eggs, milk, flesh, were priced to reflect the true cost, they would be many times what the price of those nuggets is.
Maybe it's partly high because production is low and they don't have the advantages that come with having a larger market? Or maybe they are still paying for building the new factories they need to make it? Maybe they treat and pay their workers at least somewhat fairly? And maybe too somebody's lining their own pockets . . .
I don't usually buy specialty things like that, but I do splurge more with food than I do with anything else. I will wear a t-shirt with holes in it before I give up my healthy groceries.

Very true. I will occasionally buy a few of the "fast food" vegan items that area little unhealthy for those lazy no cook days.

I think an item first coming out has a high sticker price, and then it goes down. I would like to try the kelp burgers, but I don't want to buy a 10 pack for $50 that has to be shipped to me. If I don't like them, I have to eat the rest of them because I don't throw away food.

I do agree with you about food. This country is committing suicide by cheap food.

Reactions: bEt