TV & Film Movie Lounge

Are "Shape of water" and "Blade runner 2049" worth watching? :weird: (I found them in translation and haven't watched yet)..... But i like the plot.....and music. :):sheep:
I haven't watched Shape of Water, probably won't, not really interested in it....

But I saw Blade Runner 2049 (Jer bought it).... It's was OK, IMO... I'm not a fan of Ryan Gosling. And as a sci-fi detective thriller, there's not much of a guessing game... very predictable... again, IMO.

Have you seen the original Blade Runner (1982) - IMDb ?? If not, start with that....

I haven't watched Shape of Water, probably won't, not really interested in it....

But I saw Blade Runner 2049 (Jer bought it).... It's was OK, IMO... I'm not a fan of Ryan Gosling. And as a sci-fi detective thriller, there's not much of a guessing game... very predictable... again, IMO.

Have you seen the original Blade Runner (1982) - IMDb ?? If not, start with that....
Thanks..:hug: I'm asking, as sometimes i get disappointed and feel sorry for the time i'd wasted (and the mess in my head as a result, hehe:D). E.g. i decided to watch "Rememory" (with Peter Dinklage), but couldn't make it through the end,- it's incredibly boring and stupid movie. What about Blade runner 1982, i didn't see it, as i saw it's trailers and didn't like them:???:, but as soon as it is considered a masterpiece (i know that),..... well, ....i'll try.:yes:

Thanks..:hug: I'm asking, as sometimes i get disappointed and feel sorry for the time i'd wasted (and the mess in my head as a result, hehe:D). E.g. i decided to watch "Rememory" (with Peter Dinklage), but couldn't make it through the end,- it's incredibly boring and stupid movie. What about Blade runner 1982, i didn't see it, as i saw it's trailers and didn't like them:???:, but as soon as it is considered a masterpiece (i know that),..... well, ....i'll try.:yes:
Well, like many films (of any genre) that have gained "cult" status, I'd say Blade Runner is also an acquired taste.... ;)

I know I found it quite hard to follow the first couple times. LOL

Reactions: Val
Shape of Water is definitely worth watching IMO.

Watched “A Wrinkle in Time” yesterday on the plane, other than Oprah Winfrey appearing (if that is important to you) it was thoroughly forgettable.

Last edited:
Last night I rented & watched The Death of Stalin and Please Stand By....
Finally you did watch "The death of Stalin"?! So, how is it?;)
I'll try watching "Please stand by" (the plot seems interesting). But i will never watch anything about Stalin, hehe:D
P.S...I did watch "The shape of water" at night. Well, it's edible, sort of.:???:

Last edited:
Finally rented & watched I, Tonya (2017) - IMDb.... Loved it!! :jump: Fantastic script, perfect casting... oh, and a fun little tidbit: The guy that plays Shawn (Paul Walter Hauser) is an area native... Jer & Tom worked with him when they were doing makeup for Locked Away (terrible local zombie movie)... Paul was only 16 at the time, just played a zombie, but Jer said he had them in stitches off-set... he was much needed comic relief... Jer & Tom knew this kid was gonna do big things.... and his casting in I, Tonya is frighteningly good. LMAO

Paul on left, real Shawn on right:
DSvhgIoUMAAcc16.jpg:large

And I can't believe it took me until the special features to realize that Tonya's hubby, Jeff (Sebastian Stan) is freaking Bucky, the Winter Soldier! :lol:

Last edited:
I enjoyed The Shape of Water. I haven’t seen any of the other movies mentioned in the last few posts.

I, Tonya is actually the movie they’re showing us tonight, but unless they turn on the closed captioning, I won’t be able to see it with the others. I just cannot hear well enough without hearing aids.

So I did get to see I, Tonya after all. The AD said she was going to play a movie after morning exercise class, and I asked her to play that one for those of us who missed it last night. No closed captioning, and the volume was a little too low for me, so I definitely missed some of the dialogue. And too much noise and talking and distraction from other people in the room. But I managed to sit through the entire movie, and enjoyed it. I definitely recommend it.

I, Tonya- Tonya Harding? I just can't imagine that being worth watching! And the title- what's that? A play on I, Robot?o_O
I loved the both Blade Runner movies! They were quite different in style, the second being more action, and while the main parts might have been predictable, I felt the journey quite suspenseful

I, Tonya- Tonya Harding? I just can't imagine that being worth watching! And the title- what's that? A play on I, Robot?o_O
I loved the both Blade Runner movies! They were quite different in style, the second being more action, and while the main parts might have been predictable, I felt the journey quite suspenseful
I, Tonya is a fantastic flick.

And I think the title is a play on I, Claudius.

Last edited:
Making of the "Rabbit proof fence".

Rabbit proof fence<3 is one of my favourite movies ever, and it was luck to find a documentary about making it and about behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadamSarcastra
I rented (and only watched half-way through, I think) Con Man (2018) - IMDb and stopped it, ejected it, and said to myself, "I must warn the other VVillagers!" :woo:

If you come across this title & think you want to rent/view/click on it simply because Mark Hamill (& Ving Rhames & James Caan & others are in it), I am here to stop you. Don't do it, friend! :ttth: You don't wanna do that to yourself! :sf:

I thought the first half was bad... really bad. Then apparently the second half features the real Barry Minkow, playing his older self... because he insisted upon it. :| Dear god, it's like I have a horrible taste in my mouth but can't quite describe it.... :yuck: So, sooo bad....

Now, I could see how this might be quite a hoot to watch with some friends & some drinks, expecting it to be absolutely awful.... o_O However, my lonely snorts of derision & snarky comments felt flat on Little Cat. LOL

We got to see The Greatest Showman this morning, with closed captioning. My opinion:

Meh.

It’s okay, if you like a 2-hour-long music video. But I’ve seen better.

Those of you of a certain age might remember this:

I was 18 when this film was released, and while I’ve never actually seen the movie, I’ve never forgotten the trailer.

Well, guess what?

A remake is coming this fall.

I don’t think I’ll be seeing the remake, either. :p