TV & Film Movie Lounge

Just saw Fahrenheit 11/9. While it's not quite as cohesive as some of Moore's past movies, it definitely made me question everything. It's an idol crusher. :(

Looking for more information on Fahrenheit 11/9 (has not opened here yet), I came across this review, which I consider interesting ...

How Michael Moore Lost His Audience

The comments on the article confirm my fears about the American public and the message that Moore is sending, that the US are headed into a fascist dictatorship.

Wanted to put this here, just for a bit of fun.... ;)

Forget astrology. The tagline of the #1 movie at the box office the day you were born... that determines your fate from now on.

I misunderstood initially, & went with release dates closest to my birthday... it's whatever was #1 WHEN you where born.

#1 Movie On Your Birthday | Playback.fm

And... well... here's mine.... :rofl:

MPW-18719

"Something beyond comprehension is happening to a girl on this street, in this house . . . a man has been sent for as a last resort.
That man is The Exorcist."

:rofl:

Last edited:
Wanted to put this here, just for a bit of fun.... ;)

Forget astrology. The tagline of the #1 movie at the box office the day you were born... that determines your fate from now on.

I misunderstood initially, & went with release dates closest to my birthday... it's whatever was #1 WHEN you where born.

#1 Movie On Your Birthday | Playback.fm

And... well... here's mine.... :rofl:

MPW-18719

"Something beyond comprehension is happening to a girl on this street, in this house . . . a man has been sent for as a last resort.
That man is The Exorcist."

:rofl:
N 1 on my birth date was "Spring break". ..."With spring break over and the hotel saved, everyone says good-bye and takes a group photo to remember their adventures".:)

Imitation of Life here. I’ve never seen it.

ETA: and the #1 song on the day I was born was The Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.

Oh, that’s embarrassing. I tell people this, they’ll say, “Battle of whozits? Never heard of it.” Or if they remember it, they’ll just laugh. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just watched A Quiet Place:

"A family must navigate their lives in silence after mysterious creatures that hunt by sound threaten their survival. If they hear you, thru hunt you."

Absolute garbage.

Ghoul - Very good, much more than a horror movie.

The ghoul though, isn't the scariest thing in the movie, it's the totalitarian government that has taken over. I think, if we didn't have the government we have now, it probably wouldn't have been as scary. But seeing where we are heading, this movie really adds to that fear and shows what might be coming.

I stayed up late last night to watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. This was the first time I’d seen it, believe it or not. I really liked it. I liked the characters, production design, and CGI. It was fun seeing some of the magical creatures I’d read about in the Harry Potter books. The sequel is coming out next month, and I’d really like to see it while the first movie is still fresh in my mind. :p (Although that probably won’t happen)

There are going to be five films in the Fantastic Beasts series, and I’m looking forward to seeing all of them. :D

Watched BlacKKKlansman yesterday.

Good movie, but I am not sure whether the over-dramatization (inventing fictional elements to the story arc based on a true story that really happened) is not overdoing it quite a bit (because while the story is awesome in itself, the invented pieces are among the most important elements).

The relationship between writer AA Milne and his son, Christopher Robin, and how
this became the inspiration for Winnie the Pooh.

Goodbye Christopher Robin (2017) - IMDb

I really :smitten: this film not only for the quality of acting, but also by the poignant scenes exchanged between father and son.
Moreover, the timeless scenes of the English countryside are magical.

''If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.''

Last edited:

An RAF pilot who was shot down during WWII returns home to his English village with his new bride. The trouble is that
she is the German lady who helped him escape. Then her brother arrives.

Frieda (1947) - IMDb

I enjoyed the film because it was based on true facts. Moreover, it shows the psychological effets that WW2 had in the aftermath. The two leading actors were excellent and David Farrar gave his usual charismatic performance.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Just watched Aquaman.

Ouch. None of the fun Marvel manage to insert into their superhero movies there, and the rest was not very appealing either, unless you are a fan of overboarding CGI.

Not endorsed.

Venom, on the other hand, now that was fun!

Just watched Aquaman.

Ouch. None of the fun Marvel manage to insert into their superhero movies there, and the rest was not very appealing either, unless you are a fan of overboarding CGI.

Not endorsed.

Venom, on the other hand, now that was fun!
This is disappointing about Aquaman. I had high hopes for that film. My nephew endorsed Venom as well. Must see that one. I will wait until $5 movie night at my local cinema to catch Aquaman.