TV & Film Movie Lounge

This is disappointing about Aquaman. I had high hopes for that film. My nephew endorsed Venom as well. Must see that one. I will wait until $5 movie night at my local cinema to catch Aquaman.
Aha, i've watched an extended trailer of this Aquaman (duration is more than 7 minutes), and now i'm not sure i want to watch this movie.:p

Yesterday we watched The Muppet Movie (1979). Thumbs up :) Tonight we finally watched Gravity. I was not all that impressed, though maybe it's a small step in the right direction for Hollywood sci-fi.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I watched "Skyscraper" which sucked! I got it from the library. I agree that "Gravity" wasn't all that great though it was highly praised. I rather enjoyed "Get Out" though it was weird. Also from the library. I have decided to started getting DVD's again from there. No money spent that way!

Tonight I have watched the last DVD I got from the library. It was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo which I had heard of but didn't know much about. There is a sequel now so I was curious. It was a very dark and disturbing mystery/thriller starring Daniel Craig and some chick I never heard of and Christopher Plummer. Evidently it is from a book and there is a series of books so they will make more movies.

Tonight I have watched the last DVD I got from the library. It was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo which I had heard of but didn't know much about. There is a sequel now so I was curious. It was a very dark and disturbing mystery/thriller starring Daniel Craig and some chick I never heard of and Christopher Plummer. Evidently it is from a book and there is a series of books so they will make more movies.
The original movies are Swedish (as are the books they're based on) - I think I've watched all of them. Not sure it was exactly my cup of tea, but the novelty factor has some value, I suppose.

Reactions: Val
This week I got more DVD's from the library. Since I really enjoyed Antman, I decided it was time to watch some Marvel movies. Learning about Stan Lee who recently died also made me curious. I have seen a couple of those movies but not very many. I got an Avengers movie thinking it was the first one, but it was the second one so now I have to look for the first one. I liked it. I also got Sully and it was interesting and informative. Tonight I watched Solo, the movie about Han Solo. I liked it quite a lot. I still have 2 Guardians of the Galaxy to watch before they are due on Tuesday. The movies do help pass the time and there are tons of them to see!

This week I got more DVD's from the library. Since I really enjoyed Antman, I decided it was time to watch some Marvel movies. Learning about Stan Lee who recently died also made me curious. I have seen a couple of those movies but not very many. I got an Avengers movie thinking it was the first one, but it was the second one so now I have to look for the first one. I liked it. I also got Sully and it was interesting and informative. Tonight I watched Solo, the movie about Han Solo. I liked it quite a lot. I still have 2 Guardians of the Galaxy to watch before they are due on Tuesday. The movies do help pass the time and there are tons of them to see!
I love the Marvel movies! I still haven't gotten my new library card yet, hehe. I must do that.
RE: Guardians of the Galaxy, I heard a report on NPR yesterday that cassette sales (specifically the soundtrack to Guardians 2) spiked big time because of that movie. The songs crack me up. Lots of oldies. I still have cassettes, but I don't have anything to play them on anymore.

Loved Guardians of the Galaxy! And Deadpool. Venom was so much fun! Those I actually went out to a theater for-with the nice reclining seats!
I still have a clock radio with a cassette deck, but I rarely play any because I'm scared of them breaking :rolleyes:. My Honda had a cassette player. I miss that car

Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy. What fun! I will watch the second one tomorrow. I read in Wikipedia that there is going to be a third but it is delayed because they fired Gunn. (the director) I have seen Deadpool, liked it a lot. There is a sequel to that one too I think. Haven't seen Venom. I don't have any cassettes anymore. I have most of my music on the computer though I do have a few CD's.

Reactions: silva
Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy. What fun! I will watch the second one tomorrow. I read in Wikipedia that there is going to be a third but it is delayed because they fired Gunn. (the director) I have seen Deadpool, liked it a lot. There is a sequel to that one too I think. Haven't seen Venom. I don't have any cassettes anymore. I have most of my music on the computer though I do have a few CD's.
I haven't seen Deadpool yet, or Venom. Must see them.

Reactions: Val
I had to take Avengers Infinity War back without seeing it as the DVD was scratched. But they have it fixed for me to pick up within 3 days. Today I watched The Butler. It was really good!

I had to take Avengers Infinity War back without seeing it as the DVD was scratched. But they have it fixed for me to pick up within 3 days. Today I watched The Butler. It was really good!
Bummer that it was scratched. Enjoy! I loved it.

I watched Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. I am hot and cold on some of the MI movies. When Tom Cruise is too much the focus, I find that I don't like the movie as much. When he's part of a good ensemble, I can take him better, hehe. This was a decent one, IMHO.

I'm really happy I got my library card finally. I will be there next week for more movies, hehe. We get to keep them for a week, which I think is pretty good.

I haven't seen any of the Mission Impossible movies beyond the first one. It just didn't "grab me". DeLand library also lets you keep the DVD's a week and the books 3 weeks. I have been going every Tuesday!

Reactions: PTree15
I haven't seen any of the Mission Impossible movies beyond the first one. It just didn't "grab me". DeLand library also lets you keep the DVD's a week and the books 3 weeks. I have been going every Tuesday!
Same here for the books, except the new arrivals. I think we get them only a week because they are in such high demand.

I loved the first MI movie, but I loathed the second one because it focused too much on Tom Cruise. :D This last one was pretty good, though. I think there is another one that came out last year, so I might check that out.

I, too, am going to go weekly. My library has a ton of movies and the selection looks decent. I haven't started my book yet, but I have two weeks, so I should be able to finish it. I'm planning on starting it this weekend.

I have 3 pretty "big" books to read and 4 movies! I go a bit insane in a library!! I need to get started on one of those books! I was surprised at the number of DVD's the library has and some are fairly recent but those are hard to get. You can reserve them and get in the line!