US New items at Trader Joe's

Although, re-reading this it says shared equipment...so maybe there is some that doesn't actually contain dairy? Guess I'm going to have to start reading ingredient labels more closely.

3D4F833B-BB6B-401A-B652-4A631D4C9C0A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I remember Lindt had the dark chocolate Easter bunny...the one wrapped in foil. That was vegan. Not sure if it still is. They do have the oat milk bars now though. I bought them at the Lindt store at the outlets. I was not impressed. I let son eat them.

I just wrote to Ghirardelli's and they emailed back saying they do not have any non dairy chocolate. 😞
I probably would not like the oat milk bars. I know everybody loves oat milk, but I'm not a fan. I wish I liked it because it's everywhere now. :D

I was so dismayed when Ghirardelli started adding milk to their semisweet chocolate chips. I wrote them to express my displeasure, and they gave me some lame explanation about why they had to change the formula. I'm sure it was cost-related.

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
It's been a very long time since I've bought any chocolate other than Aldi Moser Roth. I do remember Lindts gold foil bunnys! I'd that for my son who liked dark. Looks like Lindt has an 85% dark thats dairy free.
See anything from Moser Roth? It is made in Germany
My dad subscribes and usually gives me his copy after he's read it.

I didn't know Lindt made any chocolate that was vegan. And yes, that list was really specific, so I don't know whether it applies to all of the dark chocolate from TJ's or the other brands listed. I don't think Lindt was on the safe list. I remember Taza and Ghirardelli being on it, though.

It's been a very long time since I've bought any chocolate other than Aldi Moser Roth. I do remember Lindts gold foil bunnys! I'd that for my son who liked dark. Looks like Lindt has an 85% dark thats dairy free.
See anything from Moser Roth? It is made in Germany
I don't think Moser Roth was tested, but I'm not sure. I don't remember reading about it. I do like that chocolate.

I had read a good review of Trader Joe's Vegan Fish Fillets
I was in the store today and thought would see if they had them.
They did. I bought them and had one for dinner.
The only bad thing I have to say is that they are awkwardly sized and packaged.
Three to a package and one isn't quite big enough for an entree. Maybe next time I'll buy two boxes so I can have two per dinner.
Meanwhile had just one tonight but with three sides.

I thought they had a good texture and flavor. not the best nutritional value but not that bad either.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I get the Lindt 95% chocolate and there is a 90% one too. The 90% one is a little sweet and the 95% is mostly bitter.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I had read a good review of Trader Joe's Vegan Fish Fillets
I was in the store today and thought would see if they had them.
They did. I bought them and had one for dinner.
The only bad thing I have to say is that they are awkwardly sized and packaged.
Three to a package and one isn't quite big enough for an entree. Maybe next time I'll buy two boxes so I can have two per dinner.
Meanwhile had just one tonight but with three sides.

I thought they had a good texture and flavor. not the best nutritional value but not that bad either.

we don't have Trader Joe's so I can't compare the taste - we do love Gardein F'sh Fillets though - calorie wise they are similar and there are at least 6 in a package so perfect for 3 each - we have them with either a huge caesar salad or potatoes

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

we don't have Trader Joe's so I can't compare the taste - we do love Gardein F'sh Fillets though - calorie wise they are similar and there are at least 6 in a package so perfect for 3 each - we have them with either a huge caesar salad or potatoes

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I've had those.
IMHO these are better.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Jello makes a flan :eek: . I will be hunting that down! Funny because I was just at a Jello display looking for their cheesecake pudding mix. I wouldn't have thought to even look. (don't know if that's vegan or not-didn't have it)
Oh yeah, not TJ's but mentioned in that link.

I also noticed a whole lot of different Sour Patch flavors but didn't check. I do sometimes like to get these.

I'm sure that cabbage is good, I just can't get with such a cheap easy veg to buy premade.
Now I wish I'd gotten savoy--I esp like that kind with a garlic sauce and noodles. These noodles would be great with sauteed cabbage--
...and I'm really glad i looked them up because they're limited!!

I love TJ's pastas. The big macaroni for .99 cents, and the ones that are made like from pasta scraps, reall thin and rolled up, forget what they're called

Last edited:
I'm sure that cabbage is good, I just can't get with such a cheap easy veg to buy premade.
Oh, Let me see if I can find a recipe. ......

Yeah, this one is super easy

I have all the ingredients but the Chinese Cooking Wine. I'll have to look for that.

the NYT has a fancy one - I'll have to see if I can buy a star anise

Here's the other pasta I got that looks great:
I was thinking of using in a bean soup, I saw a recipe on Lidias Italy PBS show that this sounds perfect for

Do TJs vegan marshmallows puff and brown when toasted? I haven't had any for so long, I only remember them being very sugary and not so mallow-y
I do have recipes

Oh, Let me see if I can find a recipe. ......

Yeah, this one is super easy

I have all the ingredients but the Chinese Cooking Wine. I'll have to look for that.

the NYT has a fancy one - I'll have to see if I can buy a star anise

You really can omit ccw or substitute it with a few drops of cider vinegar/balsamic/vermouth or lemon juice. Who follows a recipe to
the letter?