US New items at Trader Joe's

Not an all vegan list :laughing:
no - just new items.. I think just the Jumeokbap and the margaritas are vegan
I thin I want to try those! I've heard the Kimbap (SP?) is good, but I dislike nori

The shelled edamame were absent for some time. I used to always have them on hand to add to work lunches, straight from the freezer, adding to salads or grains, and they dethawed just fine. I got a bag recently and added to salads--they seem quite undercooked! Not enough to give me a stomach ache, but enough to be unpleasant! I did it again and had to pick them out :(
I've gotten frozen shelled edamame at the grocery store. They are also always running out. Not sure if I ever got them at TJs. I thought they were raw. but I'm not sure I ever ate them straight from the freezer. I always defrost them in the Microwave. Not sure if that cooks them too. I'll add them to salad, eat as a snack but my favorite is to make a "Smash Avocado Endgame Salad". I put it on bread like it is an egg salad.

No, it was just a regular vegan mayo. They have some sort of vegan truffle oil aioli or something, but I just wanted regular ol' vegan mayo.
I love the vegan aioli.
But I usually just buy the Hellman's vegan mayo.

Reactions: PTree15
The Hellman's is my least favorite of the vegan mayos I've tried, but I will get it in a pinch.
I don't use much mayo - never did. I usually buy the smallest jar to make sure it doesn't go bad.
Just checked my fridge and I have Best Foods Vegan Dressing and Spread. Hellman's is called Best Foods west of the rockies (it says that right on the label - but I swear I didn't know that 2 minutes ago. )

Ingredients:
canola oil, water, modified food starch (potato, corn), distilled vinegar, less than 2% of: sugar, salt, lemon juice concentrate, sorbic acid, calcium disodium edta (used to protect quality), natural flavors, paprika extract (for color).

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I don't use much mayo - never did. I usually buy the smallest jar to make sure it doesn't go bad.
Just checked my fridge and I have Best Foods Vegan Dressing and Spread. Hellman's is called Best Foods west of the rockies (it says that right on the label - but I swear I didn't know that 2 minutes ago. )

Ingredients:
canola oil, water, modified food starch (potato, corn), distilled vinegar, less than 2% of: sugar, salt, lemon juice concentrate, sorbic acid, calcium disodium edta (used to protect quality), natural flavors, paprika extract (for color).
I actually have mayo more often now than I did pre-vegan. That said, I don't use it as much as I do mustard. I love mustard way more. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
I actually have mayo more often now than I did pre-vegan. That said, I don't use it as much as I do mustard. I love mustard way more. :)
That reminds me
I just saw a movie called Turtles all the way down. (which I thought was very good). one line in the movie was a guy comparing a girl to mustard. you are great but only in small quantities.

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
My homemade mayo is just oil, soy milk, mustard and vinegar, and salt
I also use it way more than I ever did Miracle Whip, which I only liked on potato salads and certain sandwiches. I use it in place of the buttery spreads, as well as all kinds of creamy sauces.
I found ramen noodles are so yummy just drained with mayo and chili garlic sauce, or mayo and nooch. Rice is really good like that too, just add some veg. Oh and potatoes....

I looove Mayo. Never had any of Trader Joe's. Probably didn't think to look for it because I always liked the Vegenaise. They have a reduced fat which is my fav but can't find it now.

I just bought Hellman's because I made a big pasta salad to bring to a friend's gathering and I didn't want to waste the Vegenaise. It was good in the salad, maybe because of everything else that was in it. Very creamy.

I didn't know Mayo went bad...it guess it doesn't last long enough since I use a lot of it. Looooove mayonnaise lol.

I like mustard but only on hot dogs which I never eat anymore. I wish I liked it on sandwiches. Less fattening too.

Last edited:
When making plant based mayonnaise, I only use neutral tasting oil, Dijon mustard, soya milk, lemon juice plus salt and pepper.
Homemade vegetarian oil contains, oil, egg yolks, mustard, vinegar plus s and pepper.

1715253290077.png

Coming soon
Bubble Waffles.
It says Vegan right on the box.

CNN describes true bubble waffles as a “uniquely Hong Kong snack.” Traditional bubble waffles are crisp, with egg-like bubbles that are fluffy inside. A common street food, they’re sometimes called egg waffles, as their batter typically contains egg and milk. Right away, it’s clear that Trader Joe’s version won’t be traditional, not just because they’re frozen and not made fresh on the street, but also because the box indicates they’re vegan.​