New logo?

I would be happy with just an ordinary logo, like in the Dark Spartan style....

here:
Untitled.jpg

I personally get sick of most logos after a while, especially if they're more complex and arty.

Last edited:
Reactions: beancounter
The logo should only be changed if the alternative is better. I also think there should be a vote, and 'keep the current logo' should be one of the choices.
Yes, I agree. Making a better logo isn't going to be easy. Making a better logo that people will vote for will be even harder!

I'm afraid the earlier logo with the strange hat has spoiled me.

Now, whenever I see a new logo designed by our venerable Blob, I immediately see something naughty, in that case the pancake that the chef is juggling ... that might also be something else.

I guess it is just me, so please ignore :D

Reactions: ledboots
I'm afraid the earlier logo with the strange hat has spoiled me.

Now, whenever I see a new logo designed by our venerable Blob, I immediately see something naughty, in that case the pancake that the chef is juggling ... that might also be something else.

where's willdo...:shrug:

Heh, I think there are a couple of simple things that might help:
  • Put "Veggie Views" on one line and make this the main part (the bigger part) of the logo. Chefs, pizzas etc are nice and help to make it more fun and lovable, but these details should be relatively smaller.
  • When posting logos in this thread, scale them down to the same height as the current logo.
Personally, I think it will also need little details on the "Veggie Views" part that require some artistic pixelling / free-hand drawing in order to make it more unique and special-looking.

My preference is for a logo that's clean, clear, and easy on the eyes. The worst kind of logo, IMO, are those that have a large mix of "competing" colors, or the kind where the colors blend together, and looking at it is like taking a color blindness test.

Also, IMO, it shouldn't contain a character that suggest a single theme or subject matter (e.g. a chef for cooking, or an animal for AR)

How about a cool "3D" logo like this? That should be relatively clean and clear, yet arty enough for some of us.
superman-logo-011a.png

A bit retro, but I think that could appeal with our demographics.