Non dairy "dairy" foods. Your favourites!

I tried a soy yogurt for the first time, a few weeks ago. It was soo horrible. It was supposed to be blueberry flavour. It tasted distinctly of soy beans and had a chalky texture and wasn't sweet at all! Gross. :-( So disappointed.

I tried a soy yogurt for the first time, a few weeks ago. It was soo horrible. It was supposed to be blueberry flavour. It tasted distinctly of soy beans and had a chalky texture and wasn't sweet at all! Gross. :-( So disappointed.

:sadnod:

IME, there's a huge variation between various brands of soy yoghurt. There was one that I liked a lot, but it's been years since I lived where soy yoghurts were available, so I don't remember which brand. I thought all of the others were awful.

I had the same experience, but I have been wanting to try the almond milk and coconut milk based ones. The coconut sounds fantastic. They're just really hard to find around here.

One thing I miss is whipped cream, I have found a recipe to make it from coconut milk, the tinned type. Definately going to try it as you can only get Vegan whipped cream online and its pricey!

One thing I miss is whipped cream, I have found a recipe to make it from coconut milk, the tinned type. Definately going to try it as you can only get Vegan whipped cream online and its pricey!

I have made the coconut milk whipped cream. It has to be really cold and whip it quite a long time but it does work!

Daiya cheese shreds
So Delicious ice creams, especially the mint chocolate chip
Almond milk
Vegenaise

Alice-Bee, fwiw, you should be able to get some whipped creams at larger hfs. SoyaToo makes a rice and soya versions, and Granovita did have one, but I'm not sure if it still exists.

...Anyone else thought this was going to be about how things are labeled "non dairy" but really have dairy? xD
I love a lot of non-dairy things, seriously. The list would be too long. :p
My favorite milk has changed, a lot. Was soy at first, then became almond. Now it's hemp!

Oh Health food. yeah I dont have any round here. Just Holland and Barrett and they dont sell it.

It looks more like a strawberry mousse than cheesecake. I think that I saw a vanilla cc at H&B's but it was very expensive.
I must start to make a shopping list and check the thread in the UK section as I want to buy
lots of food to bring back with me. ;)

Thought Id bring this thread back seeing as Tesco (uk) have been stocking a few new bits including smoked vegan cheese. Its by far the best flavour!