News Obituaries

[emoji45] I liked her back in the day.

Reactions: ledboots
^ Yes, I always think of the western films when I think of her.

She is probably not well known other than in the UK but I saw that Cynthia Payne has died at 82. She was a madam in London who became infamous in the 1970s for hosting sex parties. Her life was shown in a film called Personal Services with Julie Walters.

Brothel keeper Cynthia Payne dies - BBC News

^ Yes, I always think of the western films when I think of her.

She is probably not well known other than in the UK but I saw that Cynthia Payne has died at 82. She was a madam in London who became infamous in the 1970s for hosting sex parties. Her life was shown in a film called Personal Services with Julie Walters.

Brothel keeper Cynthia Payne dies - BBC News

She looks like Olivia de Havilland.

Gladys Knight and the Pips' William Guest dies at 74

Guest performed throughout the lifespan of the Grammy-winning group from 1953 to 1989. He performed background vocals on such hits as I Heard It Through the Grapevine and Midnight Train to Georgia.

Gladys Knight and the Pips were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996 and the Apollo Hall of Fame in 2006.

Oh wow, how sad. [emoji45]

I was saddened to learn that film-maker Albert Maysles died. He and his brother made a movie of the first Beatles tour of the US, as well as a documentary of the Rolling Stones Altamont concert. Maysles basically custom-built a new type of camera for himself, that allowed for intimate, "fly on the wall" documentaries and was light-years ahead of then-existing heavy cameras on tripods.

Albert and David Maysles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Beatles: The First U.S. Visit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia