Perfect Day Lab Grown Whey Protein

LoreD

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I was watching a documentary about various lab grown fermented animal proteins. I was surprised to see a brand that I had seen at a local store. I had been confused to see it in the case of "dairy free ice creams" , when the ingredients clearly stated that it contained dairy whey.

The documentary stated that Brave Robot ice cream has fermented whey that was grown in fermentation chambers, rather than from milking a cow. Boursin, also, has a brand of cow free spreadable dairy cheese. They refer to it as animal free dairy.

I know that this not healthy, but I think it would be a step in the right direction.

yeah. I have posted about this before.
it can be confusing and we may need some new labels. Although, like you, I think most people can figure it out.
Haven't seen any propose using vegan on these products. Technically they could. but I like the term animal free best.
it still contains the milk protein casein. if you have read or watched Forks Over Knives, you probably still want to avoid it.
I've also seen the terms artificial whey and synthetic milk

yeah. I have posted about this before.
it can be confusing and we may need some new labels. Although, like you, I think most people can figure it out.
Haven't seen any propose using vegan on these products. Technically they could. but I like the term animal free best.
it still contains the milk protein casein. if you have read or watched Forks Over Knives, you probably still want to avoid it.
I've also seen the terms artificial whey and synthetic milk

I haven't had the urge to try it, but I think it would be an excellent alternative for omnivores who are attempting to reduce their intake of animal products.

Reactions: Lou