Pokémon GO

I have a charmander :) apparently there's a couple of drowzee and a gastly nearby. But I'm waiting at home for a bunch of deliveries so I can't go very far right now :(

If I ever move, I'll definitely check the Pokemon GO situation before I sign on the dotted line.

Reactions: AeryFairy
13619838_1493947877337332_5958049579175794167_n.png

The gym across the street from my apartment, that's just out of reach from my bedroom, is controlled by Team Mystic (the best team, really) and my Scyther is helping defend it.

IMG_1460_zpsbrvc6doo.png

Reactions: AeryFairy
I went on a really long walk, met a fellow pokemon trainer who started a conversation with me by yelling across the road "have you seen a slobro around here?!", found a couple of gyms and several pokestops, and caught a bunch of pokemon :)

This game makes me happy.

Reactions: Spang
I went back to the mall. I'm a mall person now. This time I went during walking hours, when most stores are still closed and older folks are getting their exercise. Not sure how many of them know what Pokemon GO is. None of the senior citizens were carrying smartphones, but this one gentleman in shorts and an aloha shirt was carrying rosaries. A younger fellow wearing flip flops was definitely a Pokemon trainer.

I came in with 50 balls and 100% battery and left with 108 balls and 50% battery. I caught a Gastly, Goldeen, Growlithe, Horsea, Meowth, Parasect, Squirtle, and several duplicates of others. I had enough Spearow candy to evolve one into a Fearow and reached level 10. I added a couple of kilometers to my incubated eggs, and my Scyther is still defending the gym.

Trivia: I was watching the rom-com film Two Weeks Notice (2002).

In one scene, billionaire builder Hugh Grant lures Alicia Witt up to his luxury apartment. He wants to seduce her, but decides they should play a game first. He has a chess board set up. He asks her whether she would like to play chess.

The following dialog ensues.

Witt: No, chess is not my favorite game.
Grant: What is? Pokémon?
Witt: No, strip chess.

Sandra Bullock then walks in on them a little later when they are both half undressed.

The trams are great for Pokemon Go :) Just riding into the city centre from my house lets me hit around 10 pokestops. And when I got off the tram in the centre, I caught a dratini :)

Also, the pub me and my friend to was next to another pokecentre, so I managed to stock up and catch a few pokemon whenever she went to the bathroom :woo:

Hmm... seems to be almost a virtual-reality game...

I'd heard of Pokémon but never got into it. I know it's about catching various creatures, training them, and having them battle each other (not to the death, as far as I know). If I were younger I think I'd find Pokémon GO kind of fun. As it is, my thing is field botany- learning to identify different kinds of plants wherever I go. (Gotta identify 'em all... Nope. Doesn't have the same catchy feel.)

Now if I notice people and their cellphones acting even stranger than usual, I'll know what's up.

Reactions: KLS52
Pokemon GO is the first Pokemon thing I've ever gotten into.

Here is the Ultimate Guide to Pokemon GO.
Well, there may be no guide to real life, but here is a guide to Pokémon Go. It will help get you from beginner to advanced Pokémon trainer, level up, and catch ’em all.

Apparently, while some people were out and about doing the Pokemon thing, they stumbled upon 27 hamsters that were abandoned and left out in the heat. They were all dehydrated and suffering from heat exhaustion but these people got them to the humane society where they were treated and all are doing fine, hoping to now get adopted. So this game is pretty good in my book. The hamsters might not have been found otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Calliegirl