Post something cool from tumblr

Are you sure? I've read multitudes of internet debates about it, and most of them reached that conclusion.

(Yes, there are multitudes of internet debates about the freaking Geico Gecko's accent)

That is an English accent. Not sure which region, possibly London or somewhere near?

The New Zealand accent sounds mostly like the Australian accent, but with the vowels a bit different.

^ Yes, that sounds like a London accent to me.:) I have been told that I sound like an Aussie before, imagine the impertinence.:D

Reactions: Freesia
But then there was a debate and everyone was like "no, that's not an English accent!"

And they even did a commercial about it. Where right before the gecko said where he was from (probably FLORIDA or something because he's a GODDAMN GECKO) it cut to a different commercial.

Yeah, people care about the gecko or they don't. Mostly it's a pain in the arse.

The people who thought it was not an English accent had probably not spent a lot of time in England, particularly London. Apparently the man that voices the gecko is English and speaks in a Cockney accent for the gecko.

^ Yes, that sounds like a London accent to me.:) I have been told that I sound like an Aussie before, imagine the impertinence.:D

Perhaps some aspects of the Australian/NZ accent are derived from the London accent. A lot of English people came over here in the 1800s.

But then there was a debate and everyone was like "no, that's not an English accent!"

And they even did a commercial about it. Where right before the gecko said where he was from (probably FLORIDA or something because he's a GODDAMN GECKO) it cut to a different commercial.

Yeah, people care about the gecko or they don't. Mostly it's a pain in the arse.
Oh I missed that part. :D I like the gecko because I am in Florida, and we have geckos all over the place. Including in the house oftentimes. :)

Reactions: FortyTwo
I love geckos, including the Geico one. :)

Oh I missed that part. :D I like the gecko because I am in Florida, and we have geckos all over the place. Including in the house oftentimes. :)

I met several geckos when I went down to Florida, one of which proceeded to hide under the porch and be mauled by native birds, leading me to find it brutalized and dead in the morning. :(

Actually I have a pet gecko, inspired by all the crazy geckos in Florida. I felt so bad about the poor guy, I'm pretty sure he died in part because the relative we were visiting freaked out and accidentally got too close to him and made him drop his tail. :(

It is weird though, how people mix the accents up. When I was living in London I was always referred to as an Australian, I guess most people dont know the accent, and that was also pre-Flight Of The Conchords.

When I was in Ireland a lot of people didnt know what my accent was at all, and some of them couldnt understand me (people from certain regions).

I had this job on a phone switchboard for a job centre and had some terribly confusing conversations with various people.

Yesterday Whoopi Goldberg was in Dutch television program Nova Collegetour to talk about her life and work. The interview is done in a room full of students and they have the chance to ask questions.

This mildly autistic guy stood up, and this is what happened.

Reactions: KLS52 and FortyTwo
tumblr_m75sl7MSZQ1rqgyf0o1_500.png

Reactions: KLS52 and kazyeeqen