Potato diet

I have had good success ordering potato based products that I know are certified vegan from online healthy food retailers such as Urth Market

Attachments

• fawen_vegan_ready_to_drink_soup.png
    fawen_vegan_ready_to_drink_soup.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 4
Potatoes are a great starch base to your meal that will satisfy your hunger, but I agree with posts so far, no need to restrict to just one type of food. Unless you are doing an elimination diet but that’s for a short duration anyway.

In saying that, I just bought 25kg of potatoes last week :) they will go relatively quickly in my household :) it’s so pleasing when the kids want a snack they ask me for potatoes :)

Raw fruits and veggies, and dates and nuts are better, more vitamins and minerals. No need for supplements.

Reactions: betiPT
Why not the vegan ice cream diet? It's more fun and not as nutritionally defficient.
Believe me, with so much food around, every day of not eating a variety of amaing stuff while absorbing a multitude of nutrients that you need daily, is crazy!

I have an advantage here. I like to eat the same things day in and day out. I live in Phoenix. So boiling potatoes in the summer heats up the house. But, I love the taste of potatoes. If I add some spaghetti sauce or salsa, I am in heaven. Potatoes are so cheap that they are like free food.

Since I last visited this thread, potatoes have become a bigger part of my diet. My favorite right now is making lentil stew and putting it on top of mashed potatoes. I used to never make mashed potatoes. but now with the InstantPot and my fancy Immersion Blender, it's pretty easy.
I used to eat lentil stew on its own. but its much better over potatoes.

Since I last visited this thread, potatoes have become a bigger part of my diet. My favorite right now is making lentil stew and putting it on top of mashed potatoes. I used to never make mashed potatoes. but now with the InstantPot and my fancy Immersion Blender, it's pretty easy.

I've been eating more too...also with lentils. I make a sauce from low fat coconut milk, garlic, onion, red pepper and curry powder.

Why not the vegan ice cream diet? It's more fun and not as nutritionally defficient.
Believe me, with so much food around, every day of not eating a variety of amaing stuff while absorbing a multitude of nutrients that you need daily, is crazy!

Please.... let's not compare the nutritional of potatoes to the nutrition of vegan ice cream. Do some research please.

Emma JC

Reactions: TofuRobot

Chili is another really great thing to have on potatoes, sweet or white.

Emma JC

ive heard people all over the internet claim the potato diet being very successful. Like that guy who was on the news and I’ve even heard some go as far to say it cured emotional eating. Some claim they will eat this way for life but it makes me think is it a great transition to a vegan diet. Even though it is vegan to eat 80-90% potatoes 10% vegetables/supplements. Been vegan for a month but not eating enough and considering this as a “transition” for a healthy vegan diet. Let’s start a discussion!

Kevin Smith went on this diet. He begins talking about it at about 2:00 into this video:

Maybe you don't have a google machine? ? < ?
https://www.potatogoodness.com/nutrition/

Emma JC
No. I was being sarcastic. I have a degree in phys ed and a diploma in holistic nutrition I'm not stupid. What I don't get is why the heck are vegans trying to restrict groups of foods from their diets for no reason. I see more and more nonsense like"white rice ha no nutrition and causes diabetes", "no soy" , "no gluten", potato only diets. Meat eaters love this stuff. But whatever, I'm not going to waste my time with this nonsense anymore

Couldn't you have made that point without falsely claiming potatoes are nutritionally deficient compared to vegan ice cream?
Yes how did I dare when this forum is only based on science, google and potatogoodness.com. Did you see on icecreamgoodness.com the amazing nutrition of icecream? Just messing around but anyhow I don't know how this discussions help the vegan cause, animals and the environmenr. And secondly why the hell I am wasting my time here on a Sunday? I don't know but this doesn't benefit anybody. Bye

• Haha
I recently came across some Youtubers that I haven't watched before, Krocks in the Kitchen, and they were a combined 800 pounds before they went on a two week potato only diet and then switched to a whole food plant based limited/no SOS (salt oil sugar) lifestyle, just over a year ago. Their results are amazing and they are a very sweet couple. So anyone who questions the value of a potato diet should watch their one year anniversary video as what you see may surprise you, it surprised them.

Emma JC