Roundabouts

In Aylesbury where I travel to work the rush hour rounabout confusion is further confused by the fact that for some reason zebra crossings are placed right at the entrance to the roundabouts!!!! :argh:

You guys don't know nuffink!

Try counting the roundabouts in Milton Keynes, where me and Chovie live ...

mk-map-large2.gif

When you see it like this you realise where we get the 'city of roundabout' name from dont you?

For me though..all roads lead to you :smitten:

( bet that had everyone groaning :leer:)

Last edited:
I've come across some round a bouts that were simple, and some that were confusing. But I think it's designed to accommodate the number of connecting roads.

What blows my mind is some parking lot designs. They should be so simple, but these crazy architects/civil engineers come up with these designs that may look neat from an aerial view but are awful to negotiate. For example, at a new Target, the parking lot angles are sharp, and lined with high bushes, causing blind curves...so pulling out onto the main drive is dangerous.

Reactions: KLS52
I hate them. The first time I unexpected had to use one it ended up causing me to get lost...very lost. I ended up going the wrong direction in an unfamiliar area. I had a very scared animal in a carrier that I was taking to his new home, and the wrong turn almost added an extra hour to the trip.
There's one in a shopping center near me. I have no idea what it's supposed to accomplish as it's in a low traffic area. I just drive a few rows over before entering the main traffic lane to avoid it, as do most people.

I use a roundabout daily near work that has a dual carriageway through the middle of it. It's awful. to turn right you have to be in the left lane, or you accidentally drive down the centre of it and go in the wrong direction. People always cut eachother up too wthout signalling - I've had to do emergency stops so many times on that damn thing. Good thing is it means I'm really confident on roundabouts as the rest are a piece of **** haha.

There's one near me that's 2 roundabouts next to eachother (called the Scilly isles for some reason) and that's bad enough. I think the Swindon one looks fun to do at night when it's empty, but looks like you might have to move across lanes though, which I hate doing.