Same-Sex Marriage

I am on the human to human, no interspecies marriage, ticket.

Well, if your cat, dog or walrus clearly and audibly says "I do", then who am I to criticise that?
Until then, of course, I am absolutely with you, as it could not rightfully be called "marriage" :)

I guess we can add Alabama to the list.

WHAT-WILL-HAPPEN-IF-GAY-MARRIAGE-IS-LEGALIZED_o_96907.jpg

Corporate America can go shove their sanitized, sugar-coated crap.

I suppose it's better than nothing.

Hey, if this argument helps sway the justices in favor of SSM, you can thank the makers of Cheerios and Cherry Coke. :p

Last edited:
Hey, if this argument helps sway the justices in favor of SSM, you can thank the makers of Cheerios and Cherry Coke. :p

Maybe.

Those corporations don't really give a **** though. They're just in it for what makes them the most profit. If they have to pretend to be socially conscious in some minimal way then they'll begrudgingly do it.

Try and get them to stand up for trans kids, for instance. Will that help them get more money? Or will it just alienate them from a largely transphobic population? What about most social causes? They really don't care.

Same-sex marriage has become pretty much socially accepted in most major population areas, where the bulk of corporate marketing pays off. If a company can plaster a picture of two gay people on an ad (notice how these couples tend to be white, are mostly male, and are always upper-middle-class) then the media will praise them for being progressive and more people will buy their thing.

Sorry for going off there - you're definitely right, this is a good thing. But corporate "investment" in this cause just isn't enough for me.

I agree with 42's skepticism. I wonder what these same corporations were saying in 1996 when DOMA was making its way through Congress.

Reactions: FortyTwo