Soup's on! Tell me about your favorite(s).

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I love soup. I just made a pot the other day. I just use a vegan soup base and throw in whatever veggies I feel like having. This time I used a frozen soup mix as well as fresh carrots and potatoes. I have a great recipe for a potato soup but I need a blender to mush it all up and mine broke. :(

My very favorite is butternut squash with red curry, from This Can't Be Tofu!
I also enjoy curried pumpkin soup I found a recipe for on VB. It was maybe Tofu 'N' Sprouts' recipe? I can't remember. It's really good, though.

Reactions: sallyomally
I love soup.

I generally make any vegetable one but I love leek and potato, carrot and (fresh) coriander and spicy parsnip soup.

Love, love soup. I must have been a peasant during one of my other 7 lives ! :confused:

I particulary enjoy Italian style vegetable and bean soups that are pureed, served with a drizzle or two of EVO.

I never add potatoes as they give a strange flavour to the broth. It has to be piping hot served in a huge bowl.

Some of my favourites are :

Onion.
Pea.
Mushroom.
Cepe mushroom
Corn chowder.
Green vegetable and barlotti bean.

I'm not too keen on tomato soup. I dislike tinned and packet soup.

Another soup lover here! Ironically, I've been having soup for breakfast nearly every day.

Usually it's a simple pot of veggie broth with carrots, celery, onion and rice, with or without some form of mock chicken chunks...a vegan version of mom's chicken soup you might say.

I love tomato soup and have always wanted to try making my own. Creamy potato leek is another favorite. And let's not leave out the pumpkin bean soup I made a few weeks ago.

Carrott and lentil! my all time favourite
Then tomato based vegetable with pulses and pasta bits
Leek AND potato (;))
Tomato(only when having a 'cheese' toastie with it)
Mushroom.

I'm not a big fan of soup, but my favourite is potato and leek.

I really love Christmas soup, which is more like a stew. My mum always used to make it at Christmas which is how it got its name. She made it with chicken but it's just as nice without:

Pearl barley
Potatoes
Carrots
Onions
Peas
Green beans

I add dumplings to make it more filling.

I'm not a big fan of soup, but my favourite is potato and leek.

I really love Christmas soup, which is more like a stew. My mum always used to make it at Christmas which is how it got its name. She made it with chicken but it's just as nice without:

Pearl barley
Potatoes
Carrots
Onions
Peas
Green beans

I add dumplings to make it more filling.

I also love pearl barley in soup.

Soup is awesome.
I like any soup with potatoes in it :D. I make a nice kale/black bean/potato soup that is a favorite. I also love pasta fagiole. I could eat that all day.
I like pureed soups as well, like butternut squash or pumpkin soup.

Reactions: sallyomally
Soup is awesome.
I like any soup with potatoes in it :D. I make a nice kale/black bean/potato soup that is a favorite. I also love pasta fagiole. I could eat that all day.
I like pureed soups as well, like butternut squash or pumpkin soup.
Yum. I love pureed soups as well, the ultimate comfort food for me. I just made a butternut squash one last week. :)

Yum. I love pureed soups as well, the ultimate comfort food for me. I just made a butternut squash one last week. :)
I had that last week as well! I will be eating a lot of that over the winter. I have lots of squash that I got from my CSA this year and I froze a lot of it :D

Reactions: ledboots
Soup is souper. <3

I love butternut squash soup; that's one of my favourites. Also any kind of lentil/bean soup. I generally like them to be a bit spicy too.