Soup's on! Tell me about your favorite(s).

Can you believe I've never had hot and sour soup? I'll have to add it to my bucket list! :p

Reactions: ledboots
Can you believe I've never had hot and sour soup? I'll have to add it to my bucket list! :p

I just had it for the first time last week. So you are not alone.

I don't like pureed soups. I prefer chunky vegetable/bean soups. Blending up veggies just seems so wrong to me. :no:

I have been making variations of a spicy African peanut butter soup lately. It's very tasty. For the base, I use veggie broth, celery, onion, carrot, cumin, curry powder and a little cayenne. Then I add any of the following: beans/lentils, spinach/kale, potato/sweet potato, winter squash/pumpkin, tomatoes. Once everything is cooked, I stir in a spoonful of crunchy unsalted peanut butter, but you could use any kind you like.

My mam makes this great broth with potatoes, sweet potato, leeks, onions, carrots, swedes, barley(and other mixed pulses) thats literally all thats in it so its super healthy, vegan and she makes enough to last a few days...:lick:

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52
I haven't made it in awhile, but I have an awesome recipe for portabella mushroom bisque. I used to make it with dairy, but it was super easy to veganise by just using unsweetened almond milk.

I can't believe I forgot this the first time I posted, but I go through phases of only wanting to eat potato leek soup. Easy, inexpensive, and delicious!

Reactions: sallyomally
I just had a nice bowl of hot soup! :)

My favourite recipe to make is the tomato and basil bisque from Chloe's Kitchen. I pretty much love any kind of soup, though - in fact, I'm making some for dinner :D

Made a roasted festival squash and turnip soup tonight. Pretty tasty :) just chopped up the squash and turnips, along with some onion and garlic, covered in salt, pepper and olive oil, roasted I. The oven for a bit, added the roasted veg to a pot of stock with some celery, blend it up, add a little lemon juice and some rosemary, and it's done

Yesterday I made a kind of soup with butternut squash and green beans. It's not really intended to be a soup but it does come out that way. I made it for Spidergrrl and I and I think she liked it, although she could have just been polite. :D I had the leftovers today with another friend.

Reactions: AeryFairy