Spooky clown terrorises English town!

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
A spooky clown has been scaring Northampton residents in full costume and make up.
According to reports it has knocked on someone's door and offered to paint their sills despite having no painting equipment.
http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.u...-clown-mystery-grips-Northampton-14092013.htm

A woman alleged that the clown had knocked on her door in full clown attire before then offering to paint her window sills.
Others see it as a joke. But a few are upset and vigilantes have threatened to "get" the clown, saprking an editorial asking why would people be upset by a circus figure?
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...no-joke-for-some/story-e6frg6n6-1226720065894

Many commenters are finding the clown scary.

Kelly Keen was typical of many: "You've been spotted now get out of the clown suit and start acting like a grown up that you supposing are and stop scaring people as some people do have real fears of clowns and you are terrorising them despite what you may say."
http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.u...n-with-another-spooky-visitation-14092013.htm

This picture was posted on Twitter:
clown.jpg

Last edited:
Hey! That does look like Pennywise!

images

"Hey Georgie, want a balloon?"

If that wasn't so scary it'd be hilarious! Part of me wants everybody to lighten up: "Get the clown!" :rolleyes: But I guess if he knocked on my door - ah hell no.

I think it's really weird.I wouldn't take this person seriously if he asked to paint my window sills.If it's suppose to be a gimmick to get business he's gone way too far.

If it's a joke it's creepy not funny.

I would not be scared because he is a clown, I would be scared of the possibility of me getting robbed or worse, because it's a person with a mask on.

Reactions: thefadedone
I would not be scared because he is a clown, I would be scared of the possibility of me getting robbed or worse, because it's a person with a mask on.
This. It would definitely creep me out, I'd probably call the cops if he was on my property.

The Clown says he wasn't out last night. This was posted on his FB page according to the local newspaper:
I can confirm that only the pictures I repost are of me. There’s a few fake ones flying around and a few incorrect location spots. ( I wasn’t out last night).

I’ll be seeing you all very soon (in the day!) but i’m going to lay low for a bit as i have a big surprise for you all hopefully due at the end of the week!!

Beep Beep!
A Big Surprise!? Creepy, or fun?

Creepy fun. :D
The clown catcher should have dressed more like the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Wearing a puffy blue suit is :down: .

Reactions: Second Summer
Part of the problem with clowns is that they are difficult to read; difficult to see their expressions.
There was a kid's hospital clown on TV the other year, on the breakfast news, and he said that hospital clowns use minimal makeup, as heavy makeup scares the kids.

I guess this is going off on a tangent a bit, but would you be scared of a person wearing a niqab or burka as well? This is not a rhetorical question, I'm curious what people really think. I think it's perfectly fine to be suspicious of masked persons regardless of the type of mask.

Channels of information between people are very important. If those channels become reduced or damaged then that sets up alarm bells. A person in a burka could even be a man; I remember talk on the radio about how Bin Laden could be going around in a veil and burka.
I'm not sure if I have ever passed anyone in the street in a burka....in most settings it probably wouldn't alarm me, but I am 6 foot tall so that helps...some guy who was around 6 foot four passed me last year, in the streets, and I found that alarming in itself.

I guess this is going off on a tangent a bit, but would you be scared of a person wearing a niqab or burka as well? This is not a rhetorical question, I'm curious what people really think. I think it's perfectly fine to be suspicious of masked persons regardless of the type of mask.

Only if the person comes to my house uninvited and asks to paint my house.