Spooky clown terrorises English town!

Haha, I think it's fun. As long as the guy doesn't do anything scary (I don't think a false offer to pain window sills counts) and if people seem genuinely scared or upset, backs off, and explains they don't mean any harm... fine by me. All towns have their eccentrics, I wish ours would dress up!

Channels of information between people are very important...
I'm not sure if I have ever passed anyone in the street in a burka....in most settings it probably wouldn't alarm me

I agree with this. I've passed people in the street in a Burka/Niqab many times and it's never made me feel threatened or bothered at all. But I do think that if I was in a situation that would make me feel nervous/threatened anyway, and the person involved had their face covered in any way, I think I'd feel more threatened than if they didn't. Reading facial signals is just as important a part of communication as what you say.

Haha, I think it's fun. As long as the guy doesn't do anything scary (I don't think a false offer to pain window sills counts) and if people seem genuinely scared or upset, backs off, and explains they don't mean any harm... fine by me. All towns have their eccentrics, I wish ours would dress up!

I agree with this. I've passed people in the street in a Burka/Niqab many times and it's never made me feel threatened or bothered at all. But I do think that if I was in a situation that would make me feel nervous/threatened anyway, and the person involved had their face covered in any way, I think I'd feel more threatened than if they didn't. Reading facial signals is just as important a part of communication as what you say.
I admit to clown fear. I think it isn't so much that the face is covered, but it has false facial expressions painted on, and that is kind of creepy to me.

I wouldn't be nervous of burkas, probably because I'm (sexistly) less afraid of women. I had a patient yesterday in a burka, but she uncovered her face when we entered the exam room so we could talk easier (her idea.)

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I've always believed that clowns were never considered funny, and that some psycho that wanted to get paid for terrorizing children convinced parents that kids liked clowns. Said parents, due to the fact that parents never understand how their children could possibly enjoy the things they watch/do for fun, bought into it. Then sarcastic word of mouth went around about how much the kids loved the clowns, but the sarcasm was lost during communications. Then before long, it became false "common knowledge," sorta like the location of the heart.

Krusty is funny though.
krusty_by_flavioluccisano-d51d4l4.jpg
Au contraire, mon ami.

I tried to start a meme of painting a red nose on the queen's nose on coins, but it didn't take off it seems.
I painted a few, using nail varnish.

Reactions: ledboots