Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Platter" of canned black beans, raw chopped tomato, onion, and lime mixed together; corn tortilla chips; and homemade avocado mayo dip; cashew milk to wash it down.

"Platter" of canned black beans, raw chopped tomato, onion, and lime mixed together; corn tortilla chips; and homemade avocado mayo dip; cashew milk to wash it down.
That sounds gooood! Ya know, I keep lookin' at that can o' black beans in the cupboard & I get to thinkin'... I've got boil-in-bag brown rice, lots of spices, some Go Veggie shreds.... the next time I have fresh produce, I'm makin' a veggie taco bowl! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But for now I'll be pan frying two homemade egg rolls, & nuking a small portion of my broccoli-pasta bake if necessary. Jerry ate three of the rolls tonight, said they were great! I wouldn't suggest red/purple cabbage unless you're not creeped out by freaky-lookin' food. LOL :p

I made my own hummus-based dip (already had the shelf-safe carton of hummus for a while, added evoo as well as practically all of my dark sesame oil & wasabi mustard, quite a bit of garlic powder & ground ginger... still just tastes like hummus to me, with an Asian flair. At Kroger I bought sweet-&-sour sauce (too much sugar, took a bit & left it with Jer) and Chinese hot mustard. I remember anytime I had won tons or egg rolls at a restaurant, I'd mix the two... very heavy on the hot mustard. ;)

We'll try both & we'll see.

Reactions: Naturebound1
I don't want more egg rolls (yes, I do!!)... gotta save 'em.... I have lot of roasted red pepper/walnut dip & a can of diced tomatoes, I think I'll toss some angel hair all up in that & call it good for tonight. ;)

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I had fries and beer last night, as I was out with my sister and friends for St. Patrick's Day. :D Tonight I think I will chop up a vegan sausage and add it to a dish of pasta with pesto sauce.

A sandwich made with a French stick, a Lincolnshire style seitan sauge, spread and rocket.

A banana for dessert.

A bowl of brown rice, steamed broccoli, peas and a few strips of seitan with a drizzle of olive oil.

Kiwis and yogurt for dessert.

A mug of apple & cinnamon infusion.

Reactions: Val
I've been bad bad bad so no (real) supper for me.
A banana and Silk vanilla yogurt will suffice.

Leftovers : braised leeks, broccoli, peas, brown rice, sliced seitan plus a drizzle of olive oil.

Strawberries with yogurt/soya cream and stevia.

An apple & cinnamon infusion.

I have absolutely no produce to speak of... I really need to shop. LOL :fp: But I managed to pick up one of my favorite frozen pizzas for tonight. :)

211770.jpg

Gardein fishless filets with vegan tartar sauce, baked potato and roasted carrots.

Reactions: Val
Plan to steam some sweet potato, and mix with already cooked wild rice (made a batch last weekend) and mushrooms. I am making a sauce with blanched almonds, nutritional yeast, cashew milk, garlic powder, sage, black pepper, pinch of cornstarch to go over it all. and some asparagus on the side, perhaps roasted.

I made a bowl of brown rice topped with a "sauce" of diced tomatoes & black beans (seasoned with nooch, Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, onion powder, cilantro, chipotle powder, & cumin), sprinkled with my home-grown green onion shoots! ---- Well, the onions sprouted themselves, I just shoved 'em in dirt. LOL :p

Anyhoo, after I heat that up tonight, I'll top it with some Go Veggie shreds & sliced avocado. I'm also gonna fry up a couple little vegan pupusas to accompany. :)

Mexi-bowl.jpg
001828366-1.jpg

I'd like to pick up some Newman's Own salsa for dipping, as well as some baby kale to stir into the bowl.... :up:

Last edited:
I am having chickpea cutlets with mustard sauce, baked potato, roasted carrots and a salad of mixed greens, onions, cucumbers and banana peppers with balsamic vinaigrette.

Status
Not open for further replies.