The Cat Lovers Thread

Haha, the cat burglar is hysterical, and cute!

Ok this is bizarre...this is the second time I've seen Joon and Stella in the litter box at the same time. [emoji52]

I could not stop laughing at the cat's facial expression.

2fd39fc81c3f1d9320daed8969f24fbf_zpsvslqozvd.jpg

Today I found out that one of my cats, Roary, has cardiomyopathy/ late stage heart failure. the vet said it was the worst he'd ever seen in a cat. He's been put on medication and had some oxygen/an IV but the prognosis is 3 months at most. I feel ****, he's only five.

I think I've mentioned Roary before, he was a rescue case after his old owner locked him in a cat carrier and never let him out. We adopted him when he was 2 and he had major behavioural difficulties because of his previous life. over the last two years he's now down to biting you every now and then as opposed to every time you touch him!

His breathing was iffy for the last two weeks or so, a bit laboured, my sister showed a video to the vet (she is a veterinary nurse) and they said as he was young and had no other symptoms not to bring him in - due to his personality a vet visit is highly stressful for him so best avoided. Even his vaccinations are done at home by me&my sister (a vet nurse remember) so he doesn't have to go in for them. I wish I hadn't listened and had taken him in anyway, although have been told it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the outcome. This morning I found him sat in the front garden panting with a bit of drool so he went on an emergency trip. After being on IV medication he is now feeling himself again and is apparently the only cat they've ever had to sedate to remove a catheter. haha.

Apparently it's incredibly rare for a cat to have this type of heart failure, let alone so young. He's likely part Maine Coone and they're prone to heart failure but a different type.

Meh.

I cannot figure out how the life of me to upload an Instagram photo so here : @pirateferret • Instagram photos and videos he's the ginger fluffy lion, if anyone wants a picture.

Sorry, just had to go on a bit of a rant. I found out the prognosis halfway through a really stressful day at work and there aren't many cat people there. Does anyone else just feel like they can't adopt any more animals because losing them is too hard?

So sorry, Liz. He's beautiful. ((((Hugs))))

:hug: It sounds like you have done everything you can for him. How sad and unfair for you and Roary.xxx

Today I found out that one of my cats, Roary, has cardiomyopathy/ late stage heart failure. the vet said it was the worst he'd ever seen in a cat. He's been put on medication and had some oxygen/an IV but the prognosis is 3 months at most. I feel ****, he's only five.

I think I've mentioned Roary before, he was a rescue case after his old owner locked him in a cat carrier and never let him out. We adopted him when he was 2 and he had major behavioural difficulties because of his previous life. over the last two years he's now down to biting you every now and then as opposed to every time you touch him!

His breathing was iffy for the last two weeks or so, a bit laboured, my sister showed a video to the vet (she is a veterinary nurse) and they said as he was young and had no other symptoms not to bring him in - due to his personality a vet visit is highly stressful for him so best avoided. Even his vaccinations are done at home by me&my sister (a vet nurse remember) so he doesn't have to go in for them. I wish I hadn't listened and had taken him in anyway, although have been told it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the outcome. This morning I found him sat in the front garden panting with a bit of drool so he went on an emergency trip. After being on IV medication he is now feeling himself again and is apparently the only cat they've ever had to sedate to remove a catheter. haha.

Apparently it's incredibly rare for a cat to have this type of heart failure, let alone so young. He's likely part Maine Coone and they're prone to heart failure but a different type.

Meh.

I cannot figure out how the life of me to upload an Instagram photo so here : @pirateferret • Instagram photos and videos he's the ginger fluffy lion, if anyone wants a picture.

Sorry, just had to go on a bit of a rant. I found out the prognosis halfway through a really stressful day at work and there aren't many cat people there. Does anyone else just feel like they can't adopt any more animals because losing them is too hard?

I am so so sorry. I'm so glad for Roary's sake that he was adopted by you, but I am sorry you are hurting. :(

I haven't had any companion animals since my beloved Pepper, best friend and mini Dachshund extraordinaire, passed away some time ago. I decided I can't take the heartbreak anymore. Crying now.