The Cat Lovers Thread

8655bace5303591e6b0a3c49398a75f9.jpg

Darcy says happy christmas :)

AmySF: about the "Office Cats Give Advice" video you posted... this past week a general email went out where I work, informing everyone that pets were absolutely not allowed in the workplace. (Children would be permitted only in unusual circumstances). I guess that's one of the benefits of telecommuting like my sister does: she can work on her computer and their 3 cats can still assist her.

Reactions: Amy SF
He is a celeb now.:p You would think his owner would try and keep him inside!

I thought keeping cats inside was a no-no to the British. They like giving cats their "freedom".

Quite different here in the States, where cat guardians are encouraged to make their cats indoors only. My cats I've had as an adult have been indoor only, except when I'd occasionally put a leash on Bear and take him outside for a little walk around the courtyard.

I always had indoor/outdoor cats. It wasn't until a few years ago that I started rescuing and made the commitment to keep them indoors. It's less stressful but I like it better when they are allowed outside. Maybe because it's what I'm used to.

I think quite a lot of UK cat owners let their cats out as that would be considered "normal" here but I have kept mine in the last few years. I would love to have a large garden that I could cat-proof so they could have the best of both worlds.

Poppy is an excellent hunter and she still tries to get outside at every opportunity.:rolleyes: The other cats don't seem to mind staying inside at all.