The Cat Lovers Thread

photoalbum_224464721_user41461874-1.jpg

This is his favorite thing. He lifts his legs for me to have my arms on his belly.

Attachments

• WP_20160309_001.jpg
    WP_20160309_001.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Chryssie
Anyone else have a cat addicted to menthol products? I put patches on my back and Selina bit me because I would not let her lick them.

Anyone else have a cat addicted to menthol products? I put patches on my back and Selina bit me because I would not let her lick them.
Yes! It freaked me out because it happened when Bratt was recovering from surgery. I was allowed to let him out of the crate for short periods of time. This one time I had just put some ointment on and he flipped out and went crazy! I had to take a shower and get the stuff off of me.

It's a cat's world. We just live in it.

Ooooh, bravo! Well done, kitty!! :clap: God, I adore super-smart animals! Makes me wanna finally post pics of my beloved beastie, who passed away over two & a half years ago. Had him nearly 18 years & still miss him like crazy every day. WOW, was he ever smart! He played fetch, opened doors, he could untie knots, etc., etc.... Anyhoo, here he is. R.I.P., my sweet angel. Love you, always.

photoalbum_224464451_user41461874-1.jpg
photoalbum_224464456_user41461874-1.jpg

photoalbum_224464581_user41461874-1.jpg

And now I can't stop crying, dammit. Probably won't come back to this page for a while.

Reactions: ledboots and Amy SF
He's beautiful.

"My" cat is really my grandcat. ds24 underestimates his intelligence, so it's hard for me to limit defending him to "There's more to this cat than meets the eye." but they are completely devoted to each other and it would break kitty's heart to be rehomed to me and ds8.

ds8 isn't as good with cats as my older children were, but kitty understands that he's just a "people kitten" and doesn't take it personally.

Kitty always knows when someone is sad or just needs a cat and he'll come running to make you feel better even if he was peacefully sleeping at the other end of the house.

I had pretty much decided that i wasn't in a position to be a responsible pet owner and that I would never have another cat, but my grandcat is not my pet or my responsibility, he is my friend.

Reactions: KLS52
I'll never get another, most likely. However, I keep pretty busy with my buddy's beasties.... he's been going through some really rough stuff the last few months (his mom's in a facility that recently had an administration change & now it's more about money than care, she's in & out of hospital, he's still clearing out her house while being slammed at work, he took in her dog, Mojo).... I'm not new to feedings & treat times, nor am I squeamish about poop & hairballs. Par for the course. LOL :rolleyes:

I can proudly say I've adopted all four of his beasties.... and they me, it would seem. :cat::kitty::mcat::doggy:

It's more ethical to love the ones who need us than to need the ones who love us, IMNSHO.

It's hard, though; I'm going to be bawling my eyes out if something happens to my grandcat because my son isn't really old enough for responsible pet ownership or if they move away.