The Cat Lovers Thread

24414733e88fdcd7628a928654efe170.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are so pretty!

Bwahahaaaa!! The "cat cave" reminds me of what my cats Riley and Phil used to do: I brought home a big sturdy cardboard box- the kind computers come in- from work after we got new computers. It had those big oblong holes on the side for getting a grip with your hands. Well, Phil used to like to lounge on top of the box half asleep. Riley would glide noiselessly into the box and goose Phil through the hand-hole.

And the rumble was then definitely ON. (Huh... I might have posted about this somewhere, but not recently...)

Reactions: Chryssie and Amy SF
Who was it that posted the cat toy-making video?? Anyhoo, I made one! And L.C. absolutely LOVES it! She's always had a thing for eating & chewing on strands of things (string, Easter grass, you name it), so I knew right away I had to make this.... I made sure the empty snack bag was a really sturdy one (Garden of Eatin' no-salt blue corn chips) & that the strips were wide enough.... Jer had the bamboo dowel & painter's tape. Super easy, totally free, & a tremendous hit!! :D

photoalbum_497947169_user75085750-1.jpg

(There she is chewing a strand. LOL)

Oh, I also made the whack-a-mouse game from the above video. Technically, it's swat-a-bird. ;)

Last edited:
Who was it that posted the cat toy-making video?? Anyhoo, I made one! And L.C. absolutely LOVES it! She's always had a thing for eating & chewing on strands of things (string, Easter grass, you name it), so I knew right away I had to make this.... I made sure the empty snack bag was a really sturdy one (Garden of Eatin' no-salt blue corn chips) & that the strips were wide enough.... Jer had the bamboo dowel & painter's tape. Super easy, totally free, & a tremendous hit!! :D

photoalbum_497947169_user75085750-1.jpg

(There she is chewing a strand. LOL)

Oh, I also made the whack-a-mouse game from the above video. Technically, it's swat-a-bird. ;)
I have mostly home made toys for my cats. They all consist of string with something tied to the end of it...Bobby pin, emery board, a plastic top from an empty container...they are weird with the things they like, and it's usually something they shouldn't have. So by tying it to a string I get to control when and how they use it since they will only play with something if I am attached to the opposite end, lol. You would think with four of them they would keep each other amused, but no such luck. Anyway, last time they played together without me, Bratt broke his leg. :stinkeye:

I make simple mice for them that they love. I take a circle of fabric (I use a cd/dvd as a pattern), fold it in half, sew and stuff it. If I have catnip handy I sometimes put a little in it. So far the felt ones are their favorite. I used a strong, thin felt, not the stuff you make kids crafts out of.
I don't put tails on them because I have one cat who likes to eat them. :hmm:

I have mostly home made toys for my cats. They all consist of string with something tied to the end of it...Bobby pin, emery board, a plastic top from an empty container...they are weird with the things they like, and it's usually something they shouldn't have. So by tying it to a string I get to control when and how they use it since they will only play with something if I am attached to the opposite end, lol. You would think with four of them they would keep each other amused, but no such luck. Anyway, last time they played together without me, Bratt broke his leg. :stinkeye:

Oh, my beloved (deceased) beastie used to LOVE emery boards! {{Side note: my dad's father's name was Emery. :) LOL}} Anytime I started filing my nails, my baby-boy would hop up into my lap and start gnawing on one end of the board. :lol:

Reactions: KLS52