The Cat Lovers Thread

Ah, I assumed dogs and cats weren't permitted.

If you can have a pet, is there a reason you aren't adopting one?

I’m not quite ready for one yet. Hopefully soon, but not yet.

What I meant when I said I couldn’t have a dog and a cat is that it’s impractical for me (and possibly not allowed here) to have two pets at once. One or the other, but not both.

I’m not quite ready for one yet. Hopefully soon, but not yet.

What I meant when I said I couldn’t have a dog and a cat is that it’s impractical for me (and possibly not allowed here) to have two pets at once. One or the other, but not both.
That's a relief, knowing you'll be able to have a companion animal when you are ready.

Reactions: Val
I had a cat years ago that did that to TP, nobody else!
I have Sophie the plastic licker :shrug: Plastic bags, just licks, no bites
Cali craves anything green and leafy, Mimi wants to chew pineapple tops so those get tossed right away

Reactions: Val
I had a cat years ago that did that to TP, nobody else!
I have Sophie the plastic licker :shrug: Plastic bags, just licks, no bites
Cali craves anything green and leafy, Mimi wants to chew pineapple tops so those get tossed right away
Our former cat Kuzya was a cucumber luvr.:p When anyone needed to call him and make him come faster, or find him on our summer cottage plot, he called him "Kuzya, ogurjetz!", which could mean either "Kuzya, the cucumber" or "Kuzya, come here, eat cucumber".:cat:

Our former cat Kuzya was a cucumber luvr.:p When anyone needed to call him and make him come faster, or find him on our summer cottage plot, he called him "Kuzya, ogurjetz!", which could mean either "Kuzya, the cucumber" or "Kuzya, come here, eat cucumber".:cat:

I love the name Kuzya. I wanted to know what it means in English, so I did a Google search, and found the following that I think you’ll like:

Kuzya the Russian Library Cat

It doesn’t define the name Kuzya, though. What does it mean?

I love the name Kuzya. I wanted to know what it means in English, so I did a Google search, and found the following that I think you’ll like:

It derives from the Greek name "Kosmas" (it's pretty close to the word "Kuz'njetz" - "Blacksmith"). I don't know how "blacksmith" will be in modern Greek, but in ancient times, Russian language borrowed many words from Greek. And "Cosma" was not a name actually. This is how names (nicknames) and surnames were formed: depending on the profession or social status. For example, my surname is "Sveshnikova". "Sveshnikov" means "a man who makes candlesticks, candleholders, candelabrum". Therefore, name "Cosma/Cosmas" (which later transformed to "Kuz'ma", and its short form "Kuzya") has become the basics for many surnames (like Kuz'min, Kuz'njetzov, Kuz'michev, Kuz'mjenko, Kuz'movich, etc.). In general, it's very hard to find a real Russian name,- they all are Greek (or Bysantine), Roman, Jewish, Arabic, etc.:D E.g., my name is Roman, my mom's name is Greek, Liza's and Elijah's names are Jewish.
"Kuz'ma" ("Kuzya") remained one of the main names for Russians until early 20th century. Except the nobles: they prefered foreign names.:p

And i liked this moment in the article: "It turned out that people would come for the cat but stay for the book lending service".:cat: :)

I noticed in the video a woman called the cat 'she' but when the cat jumped on the cat tree I saw balls!:eek::kitty::cat: