The Cat Lovers Thread

I seriously want to adopt this kitten, but it's from the same place I got Bogart and I don't know if I can trust them with the cross-eyed issue. If it's strictly cosmetic and not caused by some illness, I wouldn't hesitate. But I'm not sure I can believe them. He's so cute and sounds like he would fit into my home perfectly! But I do not have the funds to take in another chronically ill kitty.

SIR CRISS CROSS.jpg

Notes from Chrissy's foster mom Beth: I'm a little cross-eyed bundle of energy.
I love everyone, people, dogs, other cats. Even if they don't like me at first, I'll make them luv me. I'm too cute and just too much fun. But, when I get tired I do like laps to crawl up on. Sleeping on the bed at night is great, too. The more animals to play with the better! I really wouldn't like to be the only pet. Please pick me!

Ha ha...well, obviously, having the tree on the table doesn't deter him from getting at it, lol, nor would it for most cats. Smart not to try and fight it. :)

I seriously want to adopt this kitten, but it's from the same place I got Bogart and I don't know if I can trust them with the cross-eyed issue. If it's strictly cosmetic and not caused by some illness, I wouldn't hesitate. But I'm not sure I can believe them. He's so cute and sounds like he would fit into my home perfectly! But I do not have the funds to take in another chronically ill kitty.

View attachment 1419

I love everyone, people, dogs, other cats. Even if they don't like me at first, I'll make them luv me. I'm too cute and just too much fun. But, when I get tired I do like laps to crawl up on. Sleeping on the bed at night is great, too. The more animals to play with the better! I really wouldn't like to be the only pet. Please pick me!

He is lovely but I would be careful if they have been less than honest with you before.:(

This is my newest cat, Chico. He belonged to my last roommate. A week before I moved out, she told me she wasn't going to take care of him, so I needed to find him a home before I left. So, I took him with me. He has lots of personality and is always in some crazy position as you can see below. :D

chicohiddenhead.jpg

He was actually sleeping like that, but woke up when he heard me taking pictures.
chicostretched.jpg

Tyler...such a daredevil!
Gizmo looks so fluffy! <3
Chico is hilarious!

They are all very cute!

The higher the better is Tyler's motto. At one house we lived in where he could go outside, he would climb on the roof, hang off the edge and see if he could grab anyone walking below. No doubt, many gray hairs can be attributed to him.

Gizo is a huge fluffball. I got him from the pound when he was a tiny scraggly kitten (13 years ago), who surprisingly turned into a big beautiful ragdoll. I had originally gone to get an old cat someone had dumped there, but they only took cash which I didn't have on me. I came back the next morning with the money and they had already put him to sleep. Not just him, but about 15 other cats and kittens that had been there the night before. It was a very high kill shelter. :( Gizmo was the only one they hadn't gotten to yet, so he came home with me.

Chico is about 2 1/2 but still acts like a kitten, anything and everything is a toy. He is unbelievably lovable and climbs in my lap for a nap at least twice a day. His previous owner never gave him attention, she only got him to kill gophers. When he tried to come inside, her dogs would chase him back outside. So he spent most of his time in my room, where he was safe. She was fine with that since she didn't have to take care of him then.

View attachment 1419

Oh, how precious! Wish there could be a way to know for certain. Maybe you could ask the foster to present you with a letter from his vet?

Gizo is a huge fluffball. I got him from the pound when he was a tiny scraggly kitten (13 years ago), who surprisingly turned into a big beautiful ragdoll. I had originally gone to get an old cat someone had dumped there, but they only took cash which I didn't have on me. I came back the next morning with the money and they had already put him to sleep. Not just him, but about 15 other cats and kittens that had been there the night before. It was a very high kill shelter. :( Gizmo was the only one they hadn't gotten to yet, so he came home with me.

How awful. :( But lucky Gizmo! :)

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, there's quite a bit of colorful language in it, so it's probably NSFW.
I go through some of this on a slightly smaller scale. :p

Ray introduces our four cats, and explains exactly how high maintenance they are.

Reactions: KLS52
553160_10151178846797181_257575213_n.png