The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeeeey! "Butter week" has begun! It's MASLENITSA.🥞 ("Butter lady"). So, happy Maslenitsa, everyone!:hugs:
That would be great if people remembered more often that BLIN (crepe) itself is a solar sign,- not a symbol of gluttony.

13-01-03-619611314.gif

IMG_20200224_130428.jpg

12-43-32-5783136.jpg

12-44-01--page!03md.jpeg

IMG_20200224_130312.jpg

IMG_20200224_142822.jpg

IMG_20200224_143018.jpg

IMG_20200224_142851.jpg

IMG_20200224_143132.jpg

12-55-38-tild6531-3064-4837-a264-356266646133__1.jpg

When (on Sunday) they burn down a hay effigy of Maslenitsa, i'll post a link from Youtube.

Hey everyone! It is a beautiful partly cloudy day today. Another nice warm day! Work was routine. I was tired though so I took a nap after I had some lunch. I am going to watch The Walking Dead then get on the treadmill.

It's going to be another sunny mild day with temps. around 16 °C. I'm off for part of the day to a town north west of my place. This entails
catching 2 buses to get there.
There will be some happy pigeons in town as I always feed them when I'm at the bus station. o_O

Haha, look! Did i tell you that in Russia, bears are walking down the streets and playing balalaikas?? (This one apparently forgot his balalaika at home).
It's actually SPb, Nevsky avenue, cathedral of our Lady of Kazan'. This kind of weather was on Jan.4th, if i'm not mistaken.
IMG_20200225_161641.jpg

Hey everyone! Work was routine this morning; when I was done in the office I was a cashier. The remodel guys were making a lot of noise up near the checkouts! It is a cloudy day but is still warm. The cold front is on its way! I will watch a movie this afternoon and maybe take a nap. I am fixing some lunch now.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Has this ever happened to anyone? There’s a resident here whose name is Sybil, but every time I look at her I think her name is Olga, because for some reason I think she LOOKS like an Olga. She doesn’t look like a Sybil to me. I have to keep correcting myself. “No, she’s not Olga, her name is Sybil.” But every.single.time. I see her I think, “There’s Olga.” And then my brain has to correct itself. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: Mischief
Has this ever happened to anyone? There’s a resident here whose name is Sybil, but every time I look at her I think her name is Olga, because for some reason I think she LOOKS like an Olga. She doesn’t look like a Sybil to me. I have to keep correcting myself. “No, she’s not Olga, her name is Sybil.” But every.single.time. I see her I think, “There’s Olga.” And then my brain has to correct itself. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
It happens to me all the time, like, when i see someone new (or not so very), and i say to myself: "Blin, this name doesn't match this person", and, as we say, "It's like a saddle on a cow", lol.
P.S. I wonder, is Olga a common name in the US?😼

It happens to me all the time, like, when i see someone new (or not so very), and i say to myself: "Blin, this name doesn't match this person", and, as we say, "It's like a saddle on a cow", lol.
P.S. I wonder, is Olga a common name in the US?😼

That’s a funny saying. And no, I don’t think it is. I guess I just have the name Olga on the brain.

• Informative
Reactions: Val
Yes, that has happened to me.

There is an employee at TJ Maxx named Olga but she prefers to be called Erika which I assume is her middle name. She made a remark about Olga sounding Hispanic????? She is a bit strange!

Reactions: Val
There is an employee at TJ Maxx named Olga but she prefers to be called Erika which I assume is her middle name. She made a remark about Olga sounding Hispanic????? She is a bit strange!
That Erika is right at some point: surprisingly, "Olga" is popular in Spain and Italy! (Also in Czech republic, Finland and Germany). That's why she'd heard it many times. It's mostly an Eastern-Slavic name though, ...but it came from Scandinavia, and it derives from "Helga" and "Helgi", which derive from an ancient word "heilagr" ("sacred"). No doubt, Indian Summer and Mikkel know better about the meaning, even if it's ancient.
There was a mysterious (yet famous) dutchess in ancient times, who was a regent of Kievan Rus'. She became a saint later (we study her personality at school, but, according to what i've found recently,- everything that we study at school about her, and about ancient Rus',- is impudent lies). She was of Varangian origin, and her real name was Helga (when she got baptized into orthodox belief, she was given the name Yelena).
Olga of Kiev:

• Informative
Reactions: Chryssie
Hey everyone! I am finally home after a long day! First work, which was routine, then directly to the library bookstore for my volunteer shift. It was a miserable rainy day today but still warm. It will be much cooler the next few days.

• Friendly
OMG!:starshower: I found it!:kitty: It's a great thing, and i'm always excited to find stuff like this. It's an undeniable evidence of paleocontacts (when, in ancient times, extraterrestrials visited Earth, lived on Earth, and interacted with humans). Unfortunately, even such bright pieces of art are considered just "volumes of fairytales". I've seen plenty of evidence of paleo-visits with my own eyes (everywhere, especially in the mountains), and i also was told about outstanding phenomenae by those who had seen them (it's another story), so epic tales of different peoples across the globe are just another huuuuge chunk of evidence, because they tell about the same things (with variations).
Anyway, it's a Yakutian epos, called "Olonkho". I found it in Russian, but, as you can see, it also exists in English.

My book cover:
Screenshot_2020-02-26-02-51-14-930_com.fullreader.jpg
A cover of the English version:
IMG_20200227_154544.jpg

...Lol, look how great the weather is today. (It's "Kuz'molovskoye" water reservoire, that i've been passing by a half an hour ago).
IMG_20200227_155232.jpg
I'm going to work at the moment, but it's going to be a super easy day (well, i hope so!). I'm supposed to play for only 45 minutes, or a little longer... but Mrs. Veronica Braude (who's replacing Mrs. Victoria Sogreyeva), cam make me play improvisations, which is always confusing for me. I mean, i never refuse, but, as soon as i'm not a great jazz player, tbh, it takes me incredible moral efforts,- but, at least, i've studied harmony for my entire life, and there is no distinctive line between classical harmony and jazz harmony, so, theoretically, i should be able to make up and play everything, and sometimes i do, haha.💃
...Saint-Petersburg, grandiose building of "Kirov plant" subway station vestibule.👇 Yesterday, i finished my work at 9p.m. and was afraid to miss the last bus to my hometown, so i took a wrong bus and accidentally came to "Kirov plant" subway station. That was a right decision, otherwise i would have missed everything,- but i managed to catch the last "route taxi" to Kolpino. ...It was a long yet a good day.
IMG_20200226_212204.jpg

Hey everyone! Today is bright and sunny but very chilly. It is only 54 F and will be cool for the next few days. Work was routine this morning. Tonight is Central 28 night again because we love Sweets-n-Eats so much (and bingo) and Kevin has the night off. So I will take a little nap here in a minute, then walk on the treadmill before heading over to DeBary for some fun!

Today the sun is out. Ahhhhhh!

Art this morning, acupuncture this afternoon, and Amy's roasted vegetable tamales in between. That's my day!

We're having snow this week. A bit ago it was quite a white out! Glad I'm home
.So hungry. I had a nice soy curl chiky soup all ready to take for lunch- instead I grabbed the bowl of grains I'd made for this weeks breakfasts :pout: . I did not want more oat groats and purple barley :fp: :no:. All I could have bought at work was a bag of plain chips! I really need to keep something in my locker, even a pack of Top Ramen

Status
Not open for further replies.