The Everything Thanksgiving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off traditional Thanksgiving day today. I'm staying home with the kitties. I'm going to cook some baked potatoes, vegetables and the 1/2 Field Roast I bought. Stomach is a little off from the antibiotics. Thanks my little tabby!

Oh and finally did sign up for Pinterest and I'm loving it!

Had a very nice day with all of my cousins, my sister, niece and my hubby, son and daughter. My daughter with the two kids couldn't make it...they are all sick. :(

I decided, last minute, to make the chickpea fritters and I'm so glad I did.. They are, currently, my most favorite food!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353630532.858502.jpg
I made a spicy vegan mayo dressing to serve with them. I also made stuffing with mushroom gravy, broccoli and cauliflower with breadcrumb topping, candied sweet potatoes and chocolate pie with Soyatoo whipped topping and an apple/cherry streusel.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353630745.678924.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353630758.282504.jpg

I am quite stuffed and content. :)

Looks awesome : ) especially the desserts. What are those chickpea fritters like out of curiosity?

Field Roast, roasted root veggies with balsamic, rosemary and spices, stuffing with celery and scallions, homemade cranberry sauce and homemade raspberry pie (hubby made the sauce and pie).

Attachments

• DSC_9944.JPG
    DSC_9944.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_9945.JPG
    DSC_9945.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_9947.JPG
    DSC_9947.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC_9948.JPG
    DSC_9948.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_9949.JPG
    DSC_9949.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 209
Yesterday for Thanksgiving, I actually had multiple vegan options, partly due to the efforts of my boyfriend's mother, and partly due to my own assistance cooking several of the sides. I had garlic mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, mashed turnip, roasted brussels sprouts, roasted butternut squash, cranberry chutney, green beans with sauteed mushrooms and pearl onions, green salad and a dinner roll. It sounds like a lot, but I only had a little of everything.

For dessert, I had a small slice of the crock pot apple cake I made, and a small slice of apple crumb pie my boyfriend's mum veganized with Earth Balance margarine. Bless, her heart, she tried to veganize the stuffing, but when she asked my omni boyfriend if she could use some of his vegetarian sausage links, she didn't tell him what for until after the stuffing was made and he informed her the sausage was not vegan. She assumed he bought them so we both could eat them, but that was not the case. The sad part is, I have multiple packages of Gimme Lean sausage in my freezer that my mum bought for a dollar a piece on markdown and gave to me. Had I known, I could have donated to the cause. Oh well, the rest of the dinner guests had vegetarian sausage stuffing and were probably none the wiser.

Cool. I know you are probably busy eating it right now : ) .

I have some millet so I like reading about recipes with it.

Attached the recipe. Err, it's in French lol. Most of it should be pretty easy to figure out with google translate if you don't speak French. Let me know if there's any parts you're having trouble with. FYI, all non vegan items in the recipe can be substituted pretty easily if you prefer. Even vegan cheese works since it only needs a small amount.

Goes good with just about any sauce you feel like putting on top of it, from catchup to curry, and stores and reheats very well. My girlfriend and I make this a lot, especially when we know we've got a busy week ahead of us and will therefore need plenty of leftovers to save time.

Attachments

• Millet Pie.pdf
    79.2 KB · Views: 274
Reactions: Freesia
I had a great Thanksgiving with family at my brother's house, and my brother, bless him, tried to veganize his pureed vegetable soup for me, but alas, he forgot about the chicken broth. He vows he'll get it right next year ;-). Regardless, the meal was fabulous: chickpeas, homemade cranberry sauce, garlic mashed potatoes (I brought plenty to share and there were no leftovers), roasted Brussels sprouts, steamed green beans, apple squash bake and my mom's carrot-turnips bake. For dessert I had apple pie, a slice of cranberry bread, and a wicked-awesome Patriots victory over the New York Jets! And I won $5 playing poker :-D

Attached the recipe. Err, it's in French lol. Most of it should be pretty easy to figure out with google translate if you don't speak French. Let me know if there's any parts you're having trouble with. FYI, all non vegan items in the recipe can be substituted pretty easily if you prefer. Even vegan cheese works since it only needs a small amount.

Goes good with just about any sauce you feel like putting on top of it, from catchup to curry, and stores and reheats very well. My girlfriend and I make this a lot, especially when we know we've got a busy week ahead of us and will therefore need plenty of leftovers to save time.

Lol. Putting the recipe into Translate now! I have never had a recipe in French before :) .

Ok have successfully translated it. Now preparing to add to my recipe folder.

I posted one pic of my meal on my FB page, but I'll post here for those who aren't on my FB.

Steamed green beans, "roasted" garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing, Trader Joe's Turkeyless Roast (which I baked on top of carrots and onions), and black olives. Not pictured: gravy which came with the turkeyless roast. The big square things are veggies and a garlicky veggie paste baked inside puff pastry; my mom made them. I think the puff pastry may have dairy in it? Everything else is vegan. I think the last time I ate at my table was last Christmas....

photo1.jpg

And my too-full plate of food:

photo2.jpg

Dessert was a gingerbread cake, made from Trader Joe's mix. I used egg replacer, but next time I'll use half a banana. Topped it with coconut whipped "cream," which was delicious and amazing.

Husband and I decided that we like the texture of the Gardein roast, but prefer the flavor of Tofurky.

That all looks delicious. It looks very traditional too :) .

Those look really nice! I love fritters. I will have to make them sometime :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.