The Halloween Thread

For those of you who get trick or treaters, do you hand out the candy or do you let them pick what they want, assuming you have a variety and not just one kind of candy/treat?

For those of you who get trick or treaters, do you hand out the candy or do you let them pick what they want, assuming you have a variety and not just one kind of candy/treat?
I used to give out cheap candy and better candy and one of each. Like Sour Patch or Twizzlers are cheap and fun size bars are more
I won;t be doing it again this year as we have many different trick and treat festivities and few house to house. I wish these would take over the house to house.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Ten trick or treaters so far. It’s 6:30 p.m. I’ll give them another hour then I’m done, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and PTree15
I haven't seen trick or treaters in years. Downtown has an event as well as some churches. Some neighborhoods still encourage it. The TJ Maxx plaza used to do a big event but that died with covid.

We only gotten 30 or less trick or treaters this year. It was very foggy near us. Next year I am getting better candy and vegan ones. We were stuck with Hershey crap because our budget sucked this year. I am planning now what I am doing as its on our taco tuesday night next year.

I didn't get any trick-or-treaters either. I usually don't unless I schedule some yard work for myself and will be outside when most of them are coming around, but I really think things were dead (yuk yuk) in my neighborhood this year. I was planning to get a book of H.P. Lovecraft stories and read it (by candlelight, ideally) with the radio and most of the house lights turned off on Halloween night, but didn't get around to it. Maybe next year...

I'm going to see a comedian on Halloween. Not very festive!🤣

I love this time of year, though. I'm going on a walk in the local woods next week.