NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Democrat most of my life (before that I registered nonpartisan) and I've been hoping that they were busy working on getting him out. But most of them have been doing nothing. A few are trying but it's not enough. I've lost faith in them doing anything, I will probably go back to nonpartisan, not that it matters anymore.

Today this came out and I agree with most, if not all of it. I've been thinking the same thing, but hoping I'm wrong. I'm as guilty as the next person, hoping this time something will happen, but it won't. He's in there for the rest of this term, and if there is still a country after that, he'll probably be back for another four years to finish us off. :(

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe he's going anywhere.

Why We've Lost to President Trump

It's up to us to get something done, just as it was up to us to not let him get elected.

They (the WH staff) also leak to consolidate their respective power positions. Apparently Trump, Kushner, Ivanka, Bannon, Conway, etc. all call reporters to provide info as "unnamed sources." Seasoned reporters apparently can tell who someone else's "unnamed source" is because they are all familiar enough with the players to know who's providing what information.
Yep, they leak things only to further their own agenda; it's not really for the public good.

I think Dump intentionally leaks stuff himself to distract people from his problems and to keep everyone thinking that he's actually the victim in everything and pretending that the leakers are staffers who hate him and are out to get him.

It's up to us to get something done, just as it was up to us to not let him get elected.
I agree, but it seems to be a losing battle. :( I've done the marches, voted, made sure people were informed regarding what the propositions really do before voting and the actual political positions of politicians, etc. It just seems like it's constantly a step back, with none forward. The travel ban was blocked, so they came back with one that couldn't be. They're like an antibiotic resistant infection. You stop them one way, they come back stronger the next time.

Oh, I get how disheartening and downright exhausting all of this is.

What I have to keep reminding myself of is that, if I throw in the towel, he and his followers win. They will have proven that they are stronger than I. And I am ******* not going to allow that.

Thanks for the articles. The Vox article about leaking to get the Pres to pay attention has a ring of truth to it, but it could be that the article is largely guesswork so we don't know for sure.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the current White House:

“They’ll all be fired by me,” he said. “I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus—if you want to leak something—he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.” The issue, he said, was that he believed Priebus had been worried about the dinner because he hadn’t been invited. “Reince is a ******* paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the ******* thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ” (Priebus did not respond to a request for comment.)

Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the ******* strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.” (Bannon declined to comment.)

He reiterated that Priebus would resign soon, and he noted that he told Trump that he expected Priebus to launch a campaign against him. “He didn’t get the hint that I was reporting directly to the President,” he said. “And I said to the President here are the four or five things that he will do to me.” His list of allegations included leaking the Hannity dinner and the details from his financial-disclosure form.

I got the sense that Scaramucci’s campaign against leakers flows from his intense loyalty to Trump. Unlike other Trump advisers, I’ve never heard him say a bad word about the President. “What I want to do is I want to ******* kill all the leakers and I want to get the President’s agenda on track so we can succeed for the American people,” he told me.
He cryptically suggested that he had more information about White House aides. “O.K., the Mooch showed up a week ago,” he said. “This is going to get cleaned up very shortly, O.K.? Because I nailed these guys. I’ve got digital fingerprints on everything they’ve done through the F.B.I. and the ******* Department of Justice.”

“What?” I interjected.

“Well, the felony, they’re gonna get prosecuted, probably, for the felony.” He added, “The lie detector starts—” but then he changed the subject and returned to what he thought was the illegal leak of his financial-disclosure forms. I asked if the President knew all of this.

“Well, he doesn’t know the extent of all that, he knows about some of that, but he’ll know about the rest of it first thing tomorrow morning when I see him.”

Anthony Scaramucci Called Me to Unload About White House Leakers, Reince Priebus, and Steve Bannon

Thanks for the articles. The Vox article about leaking to get the Pres to pay attention has a ring of truth to it, but it could be that the article is largely guesswork so we don't know for sure.

Multiple news outlets have reported the same thing.

For arguably the first time, Republicans are starting to draw red lines in an effort to save President Trump from himself.

As Trump weighs firing one or both of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and special counsel Robert Mueller, a pair of GOP senators is promising measures to thwart or dissuade him. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) said Wednesday that his panel would not confirm a new attorney general to replace Sessions this year. Then Thursday morning, Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said he would introduce legislation to protect Mueller and warned it “could be the beginning of the end” of Trump's presidency if he tried to fire the special counsel.

Analysis | Republicans are starting to draw red lines on Trump firing Sessions and Mueller

Oh, I get how disheartening and downright exhausting all of this is.

What I have to keep reminding myself of is that, if I throw in the towel, he and his followers win. They will have proven that they are stronger than I. And I am ****ing not going to allow that.
I'm not giving up either, that's not an option. It just seems useless at times, especially when you see those in a position to do something, doing nothing.

This still gets to me, but it's always encouraging. It feels like it was from a million years ago.

yeah i had a few Trump supporters if i didn't like him or Trumps plans and all go to Mexico or Canada since your are not thankful for living a free country, if this is actually free then why ban certain people in military?

I'm glad you get it.

I've been a Democrat most of my life (before that I registered nonpartisan) and I've been hoping that they were busy working on getting him out. But most of them have been doing nothing. A few are trying but it's not enough. I've lost faith in them doing anything, I will probably go back to nonpartisan, not that it matters anymore.

Oh, as many on this forum would testify, I've tried to defend the Democrats in the past as being at least better than nothing, but they're really not. Watching them line up with fake outrage and then just sit back and babble about nothing while the current... everything goes on, has been painful and beyond disappointing. Just really hammers in that we don't have a (politically viable) left-wing party in the US - just a right-wing party, and a get-away-with-murder-and-slavery-for-our-own-profit party.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe he's going anywhere.

I hate to be in this boat, but yeah, same goes for me. Even if he's not elected again (which, who are we kidding, that is a distinct possibility) he's going to do unimaginable harm in the four years he's in office, and I do believe he'll be in office for four years.

We as a species have been walking a tightrope for a while now, and sometimes I worry the opportunity to fix this **** for real - capitalism, climate change, poverty and hunger and waste - has passed us by. Not a really long time ago, maybe like five years ago, but I kinda fear we've gone beyond the threshold of what we can conceivably rescue ourselves from in the long-term. The good news, if it can really even be considered good news, is that an example of what definitely does not work is being set right before our eyes, and whatever emerges after us can hopefully learn from that.

I think Dump intentionally leaks stuff himself to distract people from his problems and to keep everyone thinking that he's actually the victim in everything and pretending that the leakers are staffers who hate him and are out to get him.

That's giving him a lot of credit honestly. I don't think the man understands strategy, or that he could use leaks as strategy. Those are just concepts way too high above him.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
To elaborate:

SlaxQvO.png

Source: X

The concept of this man coming up with the plan to leak information as a strategy to deflect blame is just not one I can accept. He is senile, delusional, and dumb as a rock.

I know I've said in the past that his skill for manipulation shouldn't be underestimated, but over the course of the past few months my outlook has changed in a major way. His sentence construction, etc. isn't intentional, it just appeals to idiots because it's in their language. Hell, I bet the guy truly doesn't believe he colluded with Russia, because he's too dumb to have done that. It was his kids and Jared the Mystery Twink who did that.

Last edited:
Those of you moaning about the Democrats you'd still vote for them in an election tomorrow, right? Better to vote for the lesser of two evils. Democrats not voting is one of the reasons that Trump got in.

An interesting story about Trump's attempt to get LCD/smart phone manufacturing by Foxconn into the US.

Trump's LCD Win-the Big Picture | EE Times

At first glance, it seems like a silly idea coming from an excess of patriotism and ignorance of economics...but....

If I was a government, I'd be trying to get manufacturing back into the country as well, or at least considering it. The reason is that in the event of some nuclear war or other global meltdown, or if all borders had to be closed because of some terrible virus, or if China decides it won't sell to the US any more....you're in trouble. However what you really need in this case is to be able to secure more important things like food, heating, maybe vehicles...rather than TVs or high-end smart phones.

The other reason to consider bringing back manufacturing is because it's possible that we are in a very slow, very long term trend towards less inequality in the word. Perhaps 50 years from now wages in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Bangladesh will be closer to US, European wages and you'll end having to pay more for TVs and smart phones, as much as if you built them at home.

Manufacturing is going to the robots, (and has been for quite some time now).

In the long run, manufacturing jobs won't exist. Robots don't ask for raises or fight for better/safer working conditions, they don't go on strike or sleep.

Trump may bring a few jobs back, but those people who get them, won't have them for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.