NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unwitting: The Trump supporters used by Russia

The article said:
A Donald Trump supporter who unwittingly helped a Kremlin-linked operation to meddle in American politics says he only learned of his part in the Russian plot when the FBI showed up at his doorstep months later.
Harry Miller was paid as much as $1,000 by the Russians to build a cage that was used to depict a person dressed as Hillary Clinton in a prison cell at a rally in West Palm Beach, Florida in August 2016.

The stunt was part of an elaborate scheme run by the Internet Research Agency, a troll group in St Petersburg, Russia with links to the Kremlin, that was designed to undermine the American political system, according to a new federal indictment. The agency and thirteen Russian nationals associated with it were named in the indictment, which was made public by Special Counsel Robert Mueller's office on Friday.

In early August 2016, the indictment says, the Internet Research Agency began reaching out to Trump supporters in Florida to organize a statewide "flashmob" that it dubbed "Florida goes Trump."

Goodbye, Rex Tillerson. As is the new tradition under this administration, his ousting and the replacement by C.I.A. director Mike Pompeo was announced on Twitter this morning.

Dt is close to being completely unleashed.

Things are going to be getting much worse.

House Republicans Say Japanese Did Not Meddle in Pearl Harbor

Andy Borowitz said:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Reaching the opposite conclusion of many of their committee peers, Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee said on Tuesday that the Japanese did not meddle in the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.

“After an exhaustive investigation, we have come to the conclusion that there was no attempt by the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service to influence the outcome of Pearl Harbor,” Rep. Mike Conaway, a Republican of Texas, said. “Any suggestion to the contrary amounts to nothing more or less than a witch hunt.”

Conaway said that while there were Japanese bombers in the vicinity of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, their role in the attack there has been “blown out of proportion.”

“Is it possible that some of their planes were flying in places they shouldn’t have flown and dropping some things that they shouldn’t have dropped, by accident?” Conaway said. “Absolutely. Does that prove that there was intent to meddle in Pearl Harbor? Absolutely not.”

The House Republican praised his fellow G.O.P. committee members for “finally putting the controversy of Pearl Harbor to rest.”

“December 7, 1941, is a day that will live in a big misunderstanding,” he said.

This is also an interesting piece:

A Princeton sociologist spent 8 years asking rural Americans why they’re so ****** off

The interview said:
Robert Wuthnow
I’m not sure that Washington is doing anything to harm these communities. To be honest, a lot of it is just scapegoating. And that’s why you see more xenophobia and racism in these communities. There’s a sense that things are going badly, and the impulse is to blame “others.”

They believe that Washington really does have power over their lives. They recognize that the federal government controls vast resources, and they feel threatened if they perceive Washington’s interest being directed more toward urban areas than rural areas, or toward immigrants more than non-immigrants, or toward minority populations instead of the traditional white Anglo population.

Sean Illing
But that’s just racism and cultural resentment, and calling it a manifestation of some deeper anxiety doesn’t alter that fact.

Robert Wuthnow
I don’t disagree with that. I’m just explaining what I heard from people on the ground in these communities. This is what they believe, what they say, not what I believe.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
I did phone bank work for Lamb, from our kitchen in Missouri. It's super easy, with today's technology, and it's a way to help make a difference.

My sister and I just signed up to volunteer for the guy running against Ted Cruz in Texas. This time, it's going to be via text rather than phone calls.

I just don't get how people can fail to see him for the idiot he is.

Now, here's the thing ... they do know. They just ... don't care.

As long as he keeps black people, women, LGBTQ+ and other deviants (very likely including veg*ns) in their place, they are perfectly fine with overlooking a little pussy grabbing or similar ...

Status
Not open for further replies.