The Try One New Thing A Day (or Week) Thread

Had orange juice with the rind included.
Not sure if I like it or not

Last edited:
I tried Jicama for the first time. I've been wanting to try it for awhile now, but it is somewhat difficult to find in my area plus it's pretty pricey. I finally found it on sale this week at my local grocery store. It's pretty damn good. I like the texture and the crunch of it. I've tried it raw and cooked. I'm definitely preferring it cooked.

Reactions: ledboots and Amy SF
I discovered a new produce store and greenhouse yesterday. I was really excited about it since they seem to have quite a few things . I was super excited about the beets they had because I've been out for a couple days now and I didn't want to pay the insane price the grocery stores charge. I ended up getting $2 worth and cooking them as soon as I got home. Unfortunately they suck. They're really gross and nothing like the beets I get from my usual produce place. I haven't tried the rest of the veggies I got. I'm kind of scared to. Eh, at least now I know that place sucks and to keep driving whenever I pass it again.

Today I finaly told a friend to back off with her nagging about the proteins. I really couldn't take it anymore, and I'm very bad at telling people when I get sick tired of things. Just "suffer in silince". But now I was a good boy, and deserved a treat. So I made a smoothie. :p

I discovered a new produce store and greenhouse yesterday. I was really excited about it since they seem to have quite a few things . I was super excited about the beets they had because I've been out for a couple days now and I didn't want to pay the insane price the grocery stores charge. I ended up getting $2 worth and cooking them as soon as I got home. Unfortunately they suck. They're really gross and nothing like the beets I get from my usual produce place. I haven't tried the rest of the veggies I got. I'm kind of scared to. Eh, at least now I know that place sucks and to keep driving whenever I pass it again.
That stinks, especially when you're looking so forward to something.

/bump

Soooooo...how are we all doing with trying new things? C'mon, be brave. You only live once. :D

This past week I tried something new: Chocolove's milk chocolate bar with salted peanuts. I liked it. I would buy it again. :)

Other than that, I haven't been very good at trying something new. I must step up and get going on it.

I'm not trying new things on purpose, I'm kinda being forced to, lol. Holding up ok so far but starting to notice some tiny cracks in my reserve as of last night. However, I will forge onward!

Reactions: PTree15
/bump

Soooooo...how are we all doing with trying new things? C'mon, be brave. You only live once. :D

This past week I tried something new: Chocolove's milk chocolate bar with salted peanuts. I liked it. I would buy it again. :)

Other than that, I haven't been very good at trying something new. I must step up and get going on it.
Probably.. I'm just too lazy to post here :eek:

Recently I have tried tempeh, which I wasn't fond of before, but now I love it. I also tried sweetened vanilla almond milk in my coffee, but I didn't like it. I prefer the unsweetened. I had to try it, because it was all my mom had in the fridge when I went to visit.

If you ever get a chance to go to the Shoreline diner and vegetarian enclave in Guilford, they have a really good Tempeh Reuben...then you have to have the Vegan Napoleon for dessert. :D

Recently I have tried tempeh, which I wasn't fond of before, but now I love it.

Same here. I've also tried black rice which I'm really enjoying and I've given turnips another shot. Previously I wasn't a fan, but my local store always has them marked down and I have trouble passing up good deals. I'm glad I gave them another try. I'm loving them roasted. I've also tried this rose lemonade:
th
Not a fan. I really don't like flowery flavored things. They remind me of bubble bath.

ETA: My eye dr also has me trying a new type of contacts. These new contacts are made with silicon where as my old ones that I've worn for years were plastic. The silicon ones are supposed to be better because they allow your eyes to breath more. They are a lot thinner and are a little more difficult to get out, but other than that they seem okay. I just hope they aren't more vulnerable to rips since they are so thin.

If you ever get a chance to go to the Shoreline diner and vegetarian enclave in Guilford, they have a really good Tempeh Reuben...then you have to have the Vegan Napoleon for dessert. :D
OMG, I didn't even know about this place. I could hit it on the way to Rhode Island. It wouldn't be too big of a detour. Thank you, KLS!!

Reactions: KLS52
Slept naked for the first time. Feels awesome. I never wanna sleep with clothes on again lol :)
And as long as I have a door that locks I never intend to

Last edited:
I tried a vegan doughnut when I was at Disney (Animal Kingdom had an "Allergy" food stand that had several vegan items). It was more cake-y than doughnut-y, but it was really good!

Reactions: KLS52
As long as you don't turn into a popsicle during the winter.
I'll probably just bring up my small heater in the winter :) Maybe invest in an electric blanket. The bedrooms are upstairs, so being cold shouldn't be an issue. I think the townhouse has better insulation as well.