TV & Film The TV Room

I don't know how Netflix calculates stuff but 3 body has already fallen off the top ten. it's an expensive show, too. so maybe there won't be a second season.

I won't be sad....

Renegade Nell is on Disney so I can't watch that and A Gentleman in Moscow is on Prime/Paramount so I have added it to the list.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
Started a series called Apples Never Fall with Annette Bening. It started out strong but I'm getting bored with it lol. I'm on episode 7. Not sure there is more after this.

It looks like there are no more episodes which is kind of ok because it's wrapping up. Very interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuicideBlonde
we watch a lot of youtube and my honey has been finding old movies and yesterday he watched one that he remembered going to the theatre to see in the 60's - Island of Terror - pretty funny to watch this 'horror' movie

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
we watch a lot of youtube and my honey has been finding old movies and yesterday he watched one that he remembered going to the theatre to see in the 60's - Island of Terror - pretty funny to watch this 'horror' movie

Emma JC
When I was a kid, the movie theater in my small town would show horror movie matinees. I would love to see some of those old black and white films now... from the 60's.

I won't be sad....

Renegade Nell is on Disney so I can't watch that and A Gentleman in Moscow is on Prime/Paramount so I have added it to the list.

Emma JC
Watched the first episode of A Gentleman in Moscow.
It's been 4 or 5 years since I read the book, but it seems like its following the story of the book pretty exactly.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
When I was a kid, the movie theater in my small town would show horror movie matinees. I would love to see some of those old black and white films now... from the 60's.
Any movie from 1930 or earlier has entered the public domain so they are free to watch. The issue is if anyone has digitized them. Movies from the '40s and 50s aren't in the public domain yet but you can find them fairly easily.
There may even be a channel for them on your TV. For instance on my Ruku, there is a channel called FlickStream. there is another called Classic Movies Plus. I bet I could find some more if I looked.
On your home computer you should look for BlackAndWhiteMovies.org. this site is free and legal. There are others too. nBnWMovies.com is another site. I am sure there are others. Plus your local library may have a supply of them on DVDS or streaming.

Renegade Nell just came out today and I saw it reviewed in the paper and it sounded good.

<snip>

My only complaint, which maybe is just quibbling is that they may have taken the diversity issue a little too far. I might complain of a lack of authenticity. but that seems irrelevant in a fantasy. There are women in pants. We see a few asians, I'm not sure there were any in 17th century England. We also saw a black nobleman - I think there was still slavery in 17th century England.

Having now seen the series myself, I’d like to point out that he became a nobleman by selling his soul to the devil.

Come to think of it, that’s even more unlikely to happen in real life…

Reactions: Lou
we started watching The Magic Prank Show with Justin Williams last night - it is entertaining - a mix of pranks and magic and they keep it tight and short episodes so it is a nice distraction

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15
we started watching The Magic Prank Show with Justin Williams last night - it is entertaining - a mix of pranks and magic and they keep it tight and short episodes so it is a nice distraction

Emma JC
I haven't watched that yet.
but....
I used to love the The Carbonaro Effect. it was a hidden camera show with a comedian/magician. I'm not sure where you can watch it on cable but there are lots of segments on YouTube.
I picked out the shortest one I could find.

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC and Andy_T