The Weather.

My sister's in-laws in NC about an hour or so from Asheville still have no power. They were able to get the 8 inches of water out of their basement with the help of a restaurant across the street lending them power from their generator. I guess they sucked it out somehow. Cami told Lynda there has been little help to their area. West Jefferson is the name of the small town.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom L. and Emma JC
For quite some time, I've been thinking about moving to the Southeast, although not in the near future. I can handle hot, humid summer weather more easily than cold, dark winters; my two trips to Florida were in June!!!! But these floods... I can't really imagine having to wade through water in the first floor of my house, let alone having to either swim or wait for a boat to rescue me if I try to step outside.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
For quite some time, I've been thinking about moving to the Southeast, although not in the near future. I can handle hot, humid summer weather more easily than cold, dark winters; my two trips to Florida were in June!!!! But these floods... I can't really imagine having to wade through water in the first floor of my house, let alone having to either swim or wait for a boat to rescue me if I try to step outside.
It does not flood everywhere but if you choose to live very near the coast, it would be a risk. Florida is also very low and flat and some areas especially near any rivers or bodies of water are prone to flooding. I live 30 miles from the coast and on a hill so no flooding here! Also depends on how well your city's drainage system is maintained.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
Hurricane Milton is on his way! Let the panic begin! Skye posted that shelves were already empty of water at Walmart yesterday. I do not panic.

Well, the panic is in full swing already. Usually when I go to the store before 8 AM, it is nice and quiet and not busy. Today the parking lot was full and by the time I left with my few things, nearly all the carts were gone.