Throat/gland swelling after drinking soy milk

VeggyQueen

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
  2. Vegetarian
Whenever i drink soy my throat swells and i get extreme brain fog and apathy/tiredness. Would this point to an allergy or is it normal for soy to have this affect.
Thanks

Whenever i drink soy my throat swells and i get extreme brain fog and apathy/tiredness. Would this point to an allergy or is it normal for soy to have this affect.
Thanks
Definitely not normal, but it could be something added to the soy milk. How is soy in other forms? Tofu? Edamame? So many processed foods have soy in some form, often soy isolate, which is processed.
What are the ingredients in the one you drink?

Definitely not normal, but it could be something added to the soy milk. How is soy in other forms? Tofu? Edamame? So many processed foods have soy in some form, often soy isolate, which is processed.

Its the alpro soy milk there is not much other than a few added vitamins and thickeners so im assuming its the soy im sensitive to. I haven't tried tofu but maybe i need to give it a go and that would answer my question.
Thank you for your response.

Reactions: Lou
I would be careful, when you say your throat swells I would be cautious about anaphylaxis - which is when your air ways close up.
Just try it where you can get help if neccessary. Soy milk would be more diluted than the strained tofu.
Just as a precaution, some allergies are mild, some severe

• Friendly
Reactions: VeggyQueen and Lou
Can you see an allergist who specializes in food allergies? I'm not a doctor at all, but it sounds like a possible allergic reaction, though it's hard to tell from a forum post alone. An allergist could probably get some tests done to determine the cause and possibly find out some methods of prevention if you experience further reactions.

As said above, do be careful. If it is an allergic reaction, some can get worse with repeated exposure.