TOFU *Dun dun dun!*

2 Tbsp oil
1-1/2 tsp salt (or to taste. I don't like a lot of salt.)
1 tsp oregano
16 ounces firm tofu
2 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (I usaully double it)
10 ounces spinach

Not sure if that's considered "ricotta" but it's the recipe I use to stuff shells with and even die-hard, I could never go veg types love it. I just mix it all in the mixer.

I also used to make eggless egg salad for sandwiches. It is basically the same recipe that I use for mock tuna salad but with tofu.

Do you just use cold, raw tofu? Eggless egg salad sounds awesome. It's one of the few non-vegan things I crave sometimes.

2 Tbsp oil
1-1/2 tsp salt (or to taste. I don't like a lot of salt.)
1 tsp oregano
16 ounces firm tofu
2 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (I usaully double it)
10 ounces spinach

Not sure if that's considered "ricotta" but it's the recipe I use to stuff shells with and even die-hard, I could never go veg types love it. I just mix it all in the mixer.

Sounds simple enough for me to manage! Thanks!

Do you just use cold, raw tofu? Eggless egg salad sounds awesome. It's one of the few non-vegan things I crave sometimes.

I don't know about Moll, but I use cold,*raw* tofu. IMO, the extra firm silken tofu in the cardboard boxes most closely resembles the texture of hardboiled eggs. I crumble it, mix in Vegenaise, mustard, salt and pepper, and diced pickles (which I prefer over pickle relish).

I don't know about Moll, but I use cold,*raw* tofu. IMO, the extra firm silken tofu in the cardboard boxes most closely resembles the texture of hardboiled eggs. I crumble it, mix in Vegenaise, mustard, salt and pepper, and diced pickles (which I prefer over pickle relish).

Yes, I do this and sometimes add finely chopped spring onion and celery. Some people add black salt for the eggy taste but I am not a fan of that stuff.

Reactions: ledboots
I was using the ricotta from this recipe, it is absolutely delicious.
But I've gotten lazy, so now I just saute some onions and garlic in olive oil, add it to crumbled firm tofu, and add a lot of spices (garlic salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper, cayenne pepper, and an italian spice blend).

Reactions: ledboots
I have to be careful with soy. Tofu is ok, soy milk hurts my stomach. :)

Same here, i have to watch my intake. I dont drink soy milk in order to make "room" for some tofu, which i love.

I was using the ricotta from this recipe, it is absolutely delicious.
But I've gotten lazy, so now I just saute some onions and garlic in olive oil, add it to crumbled firm tofu, and add a lot of spices (garlic salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper, cayenne pepper, and an italian spice blend).

Oh I just had to click the link. :drool: I have never seen herbed tofu here but I think I will try it with regular if I ever get time.

Thanks, I've now gathered up an armful of great recipes!

Okay, next challenge: Fennel! Bulb and all.

(*Maybe this should be an official challenge, featuring a new ingredient each week...*)

Reactions: ledboots and mary1