Vegan cheese

Chao was on sale at my Stop and Shop and they had a new flavor: Tomato cayenne pepper. I like this one much better than the original. :) I still like the Daiya blocks much better, but this one will do. It's actually pretty good.

How about the vegan Go Veggie cheese? It's buy one get one free this week. the website only lists the slices as vegan o_O but others here refer to other flavors?
What should I try? o_O

How about the vegan Go Veggie cheese? It's buy one get one free this week. the website only lists the slices as vegan o_O but others here refer to other flavors?
What should I try? o_O
I haven't tried Go Veggie. For some reason, I thought it was not vegan. I might give that a try, too, as my store carries it.

I haven't tried Go Veggie. For some reason, I thought it was not vegan. I might give that a try, too, as my store carries it.
They now have a vegan line and I know people here use them online they only list slices. I remember them as the lactose fit cheese that still had dairy!

They now have a vegan line and I know people here use them online they only list slices. I remember them as the lactose fit cheese that still had dairy!
Yes, that is what I recall as well. I remember reading the ingredients and noting daily was listed. That is good to know about the vegan line. Thanks for the info. :)

For the European Vegan Cheese lovers ... I am currently trying to organize, in my local vegan group, a group order from this place that looks quite incredible :)

Products | Serotonina

serotonina.jpg

Yes, that is what I recall as well. I remember reading the ingredients and noting daily was listed. That is good to know about the vegan line. Thanks for the info. :)
The Go Veggie cheddar slices are horrible :down: I thought maybe they'd be good for grilled cheese, but they're still yuck warm- and weren't even really melted when the bread was toasted! I laid them on the bread with a lid covering the pan! They have a distinct agar like feel and taste worse than Daiya shreds--which do make a perfect grilled cheese!
All I can say is the regular price is $3.29 and I got one free- but now what? They don't even melt with a sticky quality which i what I like about vegan cheeses in things like enchiladas, more to add some textural difference than taste.
I wonder if the mozzerella shreds are better, but i don't think I'll try

Last edited:

They're color-coded. The green band means lactose-free, but it still contains the milk protein casein.

upload_2018-10-27_16-3-15.jpeg

Look for the purple band....

kmaa1485cs.png

I'd only ever tried the shreds... made lots of casseroles with 'em... they're not bad in stuff, just not alone... but they melt nicely!

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I think I had go veggie vegan slices and they were beyond awful!

Sometimes I like shreds like Trader Joes or Daiya for the creamy texture they add. I had a pasta salad with eggplant and sun dried tomatoes that was awesome heated up with shreds!

Reactions: Val
I think I had go veggie vegan slices and they were beyond awful!

Sometimes I like shreds like Trader Joes or Daiya for the creamy texture they add. I had a pasta salad with eggplant and sun dried tomatoes that was awesome heated up with shreds!
Kroger only has the lactose-free Go Veggie shreds & slices (one flavor each)... but they started carrying the GV vegan cream cheese which I quite like.

And that reminds me, I forgot to buy bagels. :fp: LMAO

My Kroger's come a long way in a short time... they now carry (in addition the the Go Veggie stuff) three kinds of Daiya shreds, Daiya chunk "cheddar", three kinds of Daiya slices, & Chao (creamy original) slices! :) Plus some seemingly brie-like & herbed spreadable vegan cheeses that are outrageously expensive so I've never tried them. LOL

Last edited:
Well, the Chao (by Field Roast) creamy original is the best vegan cheese I've tried so far.... But I just tried the Chao tomato-cayenne for the first time last night and I think that stuff is quite possibly the best "pepper-jack" cheese I've ever had, vegan or otherwise! :weird: :rp:

Reactions: PTree15 and Val