Waffle recipes wanted

Everleigh

Forum Legend
Reaction score
:wave:Hi everybody!I just received a waffle iron as an early Christmas gift and I am looking for vegan recipes to for it.I plan to not only make regular waffles but I would like to have some savory waffles for sandwiches and such.If anyone has any ideas please leave them here.I would very much appreciate it!

Last edited:
I found this recipe online. Sounds good!
8asetujy.jpg

Haha...I was wondering how it would look. It's not bad on the iPhone plus I can make it bigger. :)

We got tired of waiting for you to post the recipe! :p

I like yours better...I like yeast waffles. :)

:D

I'll have to quit my job and just post recipes, on VV for you lot !
Lol...seriously! I saw your post about the chilli truffles and was afraid to ask for the recipe! So I googled it! :p

^^Those look amazing too,shyvas.Yes,please quit your job.:pCan't wait to try them.I think that's what I was looking for is the yeast raised ones.But I'd like to try all kinds til I find what I really like.Right now I am just trying to get used to using it so I kind of had a little accident the first time because I kept opening it before they were done and the batter was spilling out the sides.

I think on my iron it's probably going to take at least ten minutes before I should open it.The directions say six minutes but I did that the first time and it didn't work out so I am just guessing.

Last edited:
Lol...seriously! I saw your post about the chilli truffles and was afraid to ask for the recipe! So I googled it! :p

I've never tasted chilli with chocolate. However I saw Thomasina make these truffles and they look amazing. I like her cooking show Mexican Food Made Simple where she explains how to duplicate recipes in a simple manner.

^^Those look amazing too,shyvas.Yes,please quit your job.:pCan't wait to try them.I think that's what I was looking for is the yeast raised ones.But I'd like to try all kinds til I find what I really like.Right now I am just trying to get used to using it so I kind of had a little accident the first time because I kept opening it before they were done and the batter was spilling out the sides.

I think on my iron it's probably going to take at least ten minutes before I should open it.The directions say six minutes but I did that the first time and it didn't work out so I am just guessing.

I wish that I could, as I prefer anything related to food & cooking rather than my job.

Do you have a non- stick waffle maker ? You really have to heat it up before using it. The waffles should rise
and start to lift the metal just before thay are done.

You'll soon be able to master how to make yeast waffles. They would pair well with Speculoos/cookie spread.

^^Thanks for the tips,shyvas.Yes,I do have a non stick waffle maker and I did use oil on it the first time I made them but as I said before I just was lifting the lid too early.I am going to give your yeast waffles a go when I have the chance.