What are y'all eating for Easter?

I think it's just me and Husband this year, so it will e simple. I think I have a Field Roast (mushroom flavor) in the freezer, so I'll make that. I have everything to try making Crash Hot Sweet Potatoes. Plus a vegetable, roasted broccoli probably. Kind of a strange assortment, I guess.

If I'm not too lazy I want to make Key Lime Shortbread Cookies.

Edit: Will probably make asparagus tomato salad, which is just raw asparagus, cut in 1" lengths and grape tomatoes, halved. Dressed with a drizzle of olive oil, lots of fresh crushed garlic, and a bit of salt and pepper. Husband won't eat that, so I'll just make enough for me.

That all sounds so good. The sweet potatoes especially! I just bought a bag of sweet potatotes today from Aldi for 95 cents. I was going to use them to make chili, but now I'm thinking otherwise.

Sorry your plans changed. Maybe you can still make that meal and have a quiet day at home on Saturday with your husband?

Easter meals are a thing?

The only easter 'food' I really know of is chocolate...

It's the day to celebrate the resurrection of Christ. So basically it's Zombie Jesus Day.:p

Sorry your plans changed. Maybe you can still make that meal and have a quiet day at home on Saturday with your husband?

Nope, spending most of the day at MIL's means I have double the chores to do on Saturday. (I can never get out of there in fewer than four hours.) No time to make cookies or anything.

:mad:

I find this all a little baffling because I didnt know there was an Easter meal, except Easter Eggs on Sunday and Hot cross buns. (Neither of which I can have).

I ignore Easter. There is Daylights Savings changeover on Sunday Night though.

Well nevermind. Husband called his mom just now and she invited us to her house and I guess there will be other people I don't know there. So my Easter went from being a delicious meal at home to probably a Luna Bar at her house. Booooo.
Oh, that sucks.

We're not going anywhere for Easter, so it'll just be the three of us. We discussed our options for the Easter meal the other night, it looks like it's going to be some kind of nut roast with cabbage. And there will be a carrot cake and chocolate as well.

I find this all a little baffling because I didnt know there was an Easter meal, except Easter Eggs on Sunday and Hot cross buns. (Neither of which I can have).

I ignore Easter. There is Daylights Savings changeover on Sunday Night though.
Americans just like to eat, I think. ;)

A big meal on Easter may be a holdover from the past, when Catholics couldn't eat meat except fish during Lent.

I'm having the family over for brunch on Easter Sunday . So it'll be the usual sort of breakfeast type of food ; croissants, bread and some dips and fruit and asparagus.
I never buy anything special for Easter except for chocolats and prehaps asparagus.

I am invited to Easter dinner at my boyfriend's folk's house, which means the traditional Easter ham and fixins. Ever since going vegan, I basically just fix my own plate of food ahead of time and bring it there to heat up. I am stumped about what to make though. Maybe some ratatouille, since I have the veggies for it. I suppose I could also make a risotto, but I am not feeling that ambitious. I don't celebrate Easter, so I will probably treat it as more of a Spring celebration and make something with spring veggies, as opposed to all the winter squash and root veggies I have been eating in recent months.

We are having croissants, little chocolate rolls, freshly baked linseed granary loaf with bramble berry jam (sf). Guacamole with pitta (oregano and plain) crisps. Coconut muffins, Strawberries and chocolate. Organic apple juice with fizzy water and coffee.

I made the key lime shortbread cookies from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, and they were a big hit. All the omnis ate some, and my MIL kept all the leftovers.

MIL was proud of the vegan options she made me, but then it turned out she'd put Parmesan in the quinoa-stuffed tomatoes. It seemed like she tried so hard, though, I didn't make her feel bad about it.

Guess what I didn't have, lol.
But I did make a tofu vegetable quiche, vegan Mac n cheese, and lots of roasted vegetables that turned out to be exceptionally delicious! And an apple/cherry cobbler for dessert. :)

I made the key lime shortbread cookies from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, and they were a big hit. All the omnis ate some, and my MIL kept all the leftovers.

MIL was proud of the vegan options she made me, but then it turned out she'd put Parmesan in the quinoa-stuffed tomatoes. It seemed like she tried so hard, though, I didn't make her feel bad about it.
That was nice of your mother in law. I like it when people make the attempt to cook vegan and are happy about it. :)
I made a key lime pie with silken tofu (because of your post about the cookies) that was scarfed down also. :)

I fixed my own plate to bring to my boyfriend's folk's place. They had a very limited and entirely non-vegan spread, so I made roasted veggies (eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, yellow bell pepper, leek, garlic) with a side of orzo pasta mixed with some pine nuts, mandarin orange segments, and dressed with a little miso and herbs.

That was nice of your mother in law. I like it when people make the attempt to cook vegan and are happy about it. :)

She didn't tell me about the Parm until after I'd already eaten it. But I know she didn't do it maliciously, so I didn't see any point in making her feel any worse about it. It's a learning process for her, and I know she has trouble sticking to her own dietary restrictions, much less the restrictions of others. (She kept trying to get my husband to eat a cold salad she made, having completely forgotten that he hates the two main components of peas and cauliflower. She can make a joke one minute about how he hates peas, and five minutes later is confused why he won't eat salad full of peas.)

I think my best strategy for the future is to limit the number of times I eat at her house.