What did you Cook or Bake Today?

@KLS52 -- how do you spread PB on a tray of halved dates? 🤔
I've done this by blending dates and I think oat flour as the base, real good!

I just made a recipe I'd saved for a long time, with high hopes of it being the same--condensed cream soup
I so miss the Campbells canned mushroom gravy that happened to be vegan- in Canada now as Franco American

It's - good- but it also screams healthy, and of course tastes just like the ingredients, lentils and cashews (and disappointment :pensive:)
It was difficult lol. I warmed the pb to make it softer. The brand I use is pretty dry/hard to spread.

I did roll the dates between two sheets of waxed paper to flatten them. They moved around a bit when I was spreading the pb but the melted chocolate held everything together once it was frozen.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
Well, I guess it was mostly today... I started cooking some Russett Potatoes in my crockpot. Couldn't be easier: scrub/rinse them off with plain water and a cloth, let them dry, put them in the cooker on "low", wake up to perfectly-cooked potatoes. Turn off cooker. Eat a few cubed, drizzled with canola oil, hot for breakfast. Leave the rest in the cooker, covered; put them in the fridge when you get back from the gym and they've cooled off.

Huh... this recipe has considerable superfluous information...

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
It was difficult lol. I warmed the pb to make it softer. The brand I use is pretty dry/hard to spread.

I did roll the dates between two sheets of waxed paper to flatten them. They moved around a bit when I was spreading the pb but the melted chocolate held everything together once it was frozen.
Was that your finger? Pretty :yes:

Ooooooh.....crushed pretzel topping! 😯

Reactions: KLS52
Took today off work and am going to make another bread, as well as pumpkin sage pasta. Last night my son tried making ravioli with pumpkin sage puree. The ravioli dough did not come out very well, but the puree was fantastic!

Funny thing is since i've bought a Dutch oven I've wanted for bread for so long I've been making it in loaf pans so much better :p

I have made one apple pie and a nut roast today. The roast just came out of the oven. It smells soooo good! I still have hummus to make tonight. Tomorrow I will make another apple pie, mashed turnips and creamed peas. I'm going to want to eat everything before Thanksgiving. :D

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I made this cheseball and a foccacia bread yesterday and having both now. I'd make it again but with less coconut oil-it's really firm!
Only things I subbed were using vegan worcheshire for sherry and Vegeta powdered seasoning for salt--which I found is really good!
Wow, that cheese ball sounds really good, except for the coconut oil. I wonder whether I can use another oil in its place.

Wow, that cheese ball sounds really good, except for the coconut oil. I wonder whether I can use another oil in its place.
I used refined of course, but really don't want to use a saturated fat oil at all. i would use a reg oil and it would just be a spread.
I did sub the sun dried tomatoes for a couple sweet cherry peppers i had jarred. I also dislike smoked paprika so used liquid smoke instead.
I figured out it reminds me of the braunschweiger & mayo on white bread I liked as a kid

• Informative
I used refined of course, but really don't want to use a saturated fat oil at all. i would use a reg oil and it would just be a spread.
I did sub the sun dried tomatoes for a couple sweet cherry peppers i had jarred. I also dislike smoked paprika so used liquid smoke instead.
I figured out it reminds me of the braunschweiger & mayo on white bread I liked as a kid
A spread would be nice, too. Maybe I will try it with olive or avocado oil. I don't have sun-dried tomatoes, and I have to avoid peppers, but I can figure something out for a sub. I love smoked paprika, so that won't be a problem. :)

I got brussel sprouts and have these in the oven now. Hoping they some out well, I usually just like them boiled honestly

Easier than cauliflower wings!

Have you tried Violife spread? it would work well and doesn`t taste of coconut.
No, I haven't. I don't think I've seen a spread. Do you mean a cheese spread or buttery spread? I have only tried the Parm and the cheddar shreds.