What did you Cook or Bake Today?

I often taste refined coconut oil, but not always the coconut taste, just a bad taste. i think that's what happened with the cheese ball. it has the taste of branshwheier, which isn't all bad, but not at all what i wanted. Chao cheeses taste awful to me and kinda like what I'm t asting

I do like Violife cheeses,, have not seen spreads

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I have the Violife in my fridge. It's definitely good but more like earth balance only better. I was hoping it would be like Miyoko's...as that is my very favorite. But the Violife is good.

• Informative
I'm always reading Naturli is a very good vegan butter. I just looked and it is expensive, though!

• Informative
Violife has coconut oil as second ingredient to canola. Earth Balance and Country Crock plant butters do not have coconut oil
Country Crock with almond oil is by far my fave, but it's been missing. I have the olive oil one which is also fine

• Informative
I made pancakes for breakfast. I found a recipe called Grandma's Old Fashioned Pancakes and veganized it. It is the best recipe for pancakes that I have found. Pancakes were a staple in my house growing up with my Dad insisting on having them every morning!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Coconut oil is fine if you use the refined. It's what is called for when making homemade vegan butter. No taste of coconut at all.

I made the mistake of using regular coconut oil the first time I made butter... 🤮

• Informative
Coconut oil is fine if you use the refined. It's what is called for when making homemade vegan butter. No taste of coconut at all.

I made the mistake of using regular coconut oil the first time I made butter... 🤮
Ehhhhh....not true for everyone. I don't always notice it as coconut taste, and not always, but most often I get a very off taste. Like Chao cheese-I tried it twice because so many people like it and both times I got a very yucky taste from it other people said it was fine
I think different oil would have made the cheese ball much better

I have the Violife in my fridge. It's definitely good but more like earth balance only better. I was hoping it would be like Miyoko's...as that is my very favorite. But the Violife is good.

I also like Mykos but don`t care for the crumbly texture. I find Violife is the best pb spread that I`ve tasted over here. However I wish that it were unsalted. Moreover, all the other brands are far too salty.