What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the review, Veganite! I'm glad it was good!

Had curry for dinner last night. Tonight will probably be daiya mac and cheese since it feeds everyone.

I have some beans simmering in the crockpot today. I'll turn that into a curried stew when I get home at lunch. It will be dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.

Re-fried (though not really) bean burritos tonight, Old El Paso style again. With carrot, broccoli, caramelized and raw onion, garlic, tomato. Dressing was a simple sauce of a little olive oil and even smaller amount of sesame seed oil with some apple cider vinegar.

More than usual, since I didn't have lunch. I nearly used the entire can of beans.

So my curried bean stew was a success! I am having leftovers today for lunch on rice, if I make it home. I might have to stay downtown for work. If I do stay downtown, I'm going to the most awesome vegan restaurant...provided I can get in. It's always jam-packed. I have no idea what I'd have, but most likely one of their Buddha bowls. I always want their falafel shawarma, but might go for a non deep-fried item this time. Buddha bowls are very satisfying, and nutritious.

So tonight I have some spinach I need to use up. I might make some sort of pasta, with a delicious creamy spinach & garlic sauce.

Tonight I'm making a homemade smoky black bean & beet burgers for my friend and I. She's not vegan, but she is open minded and willing to dine with me any time ;)

I'm going to make a kale slaw with this, as well as some caramelized onions for the burgers.

The burgers were really yummy. I have one for lunch today, and froze the rest.

Tonight I will probably make some rice and beans. I like meals that make more than one meal, and rice and beans hits the spot :p

Last night was homemade pea soup - the night before was something new for us and it was great.

Bunless Hamburger on Salad - hehe how's that for a recipe.

Basically Sol Spicy Black Bean burgers done on the stove top with a bit of BBQ sauce in place of oil in the pan and a bit of Earth Island shredded Cheddar on top. In the bowls, red leaf lettuce and spinach, cucumber, green onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, all raw. Then the burgers topped with mustard, ketchup, chopped up pickles and horse radish.

Topped it all with my burrito bowl sauce that is like a Dill Ranch dressing made from hemp seeds (High Carb Hannah's recipe).

It was so delicious and satisfying. I wish they had been my own bean burgers although the Sol are quite good.

Emma JC

Burritos:

Filling:

Meat replacement: A blend of germinated and cooked brown rice, roasted peanuts, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, edit:cumin, smoked paprika and a little water to blend it into a paste

Also: Caramelized onion, garlic, sauteed turnip

Raw lettuce and tomato

Last edited:
I'm going to make some tacos with my leftover rice and beans. I have some really nice mangos that will become a salsa topping.

Mashed potatoes, gravy, seitan and mac and cheese.

It was warm out yesterday, so I wanted something cool for dinner. I made a huge dinner salad with chickpeas on top for a protein kick. I made a dressing from an avocado and a mango blended together. It was so tasty!

Had a wholegrain (100%) wheat pasta with tofu, turnip, sauteed onions and garlic with pizza sauce last night.

I also had stabbing pains in my gut for the next several hours. I did not soak the pasta overnight like I normally do, instead I cooked it slowly for around a half hour. I think my body could become accustomed to this (at least that is what I understand)...but am not sure I want to endure that again just for the convenience. Ouch.

I made mini pita pizzas topped with fresh heirloom tomatoes, sweet onions, and fresh basil. I drizzled a little bit of reduced balsamic vinegar on top. It was delicious!

Last night I had a baked Japanese yam, baked broccoli, with some kale coleslaw...oh, and some fresh sliced heirloom tomatoes on the side.

Last night, I had a quinoa, black bean, and orange salad I invented. I am not great at inventing meals, so I am proud of this one. I put quinoa, black beans, segments of an orange, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and blood orange olive oil together and let them sit for a couple of hours in the refrigerator. I was a fan, as was my wife.

Wholegrain(100%) pasta (soaked overnight) and cooked, with Chinese cabbage, olives, soaked pepitas, some soy sauce, and a few dabs of sesame seed oil.

Just an amusing aside. I have a friend (a feline friend) who is technically my neighbors, but she likes to hang around my place, and I've found that she (on her own initiative) has gotten into both my germinating brown rice AND my soaked pepitas! I've never offered her these, she just found where I germinate them and started to help herself! LOL. I've looked them up and they are both fine for cats. So, when I feed her, she gets both now, along with some mince because I'm not comfortable feeding her vegan.

That's cute, Nekodaiden! I had never imagined a cat eating those things before! I did have some cherry tomato plants a couple of summers ago that a squirrel helped herself to! We got very few tomatoes that year! lol

Last night, I had mashed potatoes. It's not so healthy to have them for an entire meal, but they are "comfort food" to me.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
I made my favorite Thai stir-fry last night. I'm having leftovers today for lunch. I have a enough veggies to do another stir-fry tonight, so it looks like a repeat of last night, but a delicious one. I'll probably have it with rice tonight though, instead of traditional Thai rice noodles.

It's been a potato day for me...

Dinner was potato gems with caramelized onion, garlic, Chinese cabbage, some olives, a little apple cider vinegar, then more potato gems with ketchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.