What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made gardein ultimate beefless burgers since my son has been asking for a burger. Made a side of Annie's mac and cheese with baby portabellas.

Reactions: Lou
The remaining corn balls from this morning and some popcorn.

I boiled some of those little Dutch potatoes and put Earth Balance and Nooch on them. I had a strong craving for them today for some reason.

I grilled a couple portabellas, served in a burger bun, sauteed onions, and with some coleslaw on the side.

I was so hungry today...

Had a typical breakfast for me (hash brown sandwiches), typical lunch (noodles with lentils, broccoli, pepitas, soy sauce)...got halfway through that and had to go to the store...bread and sunflower seeds for snack.

Dinner was 2 burritos with a Mexican lentil filling, veggies and sunflower seeds + 2 more sandwiches with more lentil filling and sunflower seeds and veggies, then a third triple decker sandwich with the same. Now, I am finally full.

Last night I grilled a bunch of different veggies on my grill, served over basmati rice. It was simple, but delicious.

Today I had the bean and vegetable curry soup that I made on Monday. It's all finished now. I also had two slices of bread, carrots and apricot.

Screenshot from 2018-06-22 12-08-56.png
Around our house, we eat pizza at least once a week. And if something horrific happens midweek, but fifa is on and we really need pizza night on Thursday, too. Because life is short and we love our pizza and we intend to eat it. Often.

Reactions: TopoGigio
Very similar to lunch, but I prepared the soy beans and rice differently:

Lightly steamed (instead of boiled) brown rice and soy beans (both soaked overnight), raw spinach, tomato, lettuce, brown mushrooms, caramelized onion, garlic, chili flakes, dill water, salt and a few drops of sesame seed oil.

I'm lightly steaming my beans and brown rice from now on, instead of boiling them. After doing a little research, I've found that even left intact (and soaking overnight first to remove phytate), the vitamin and mineral loss when cooked in water is very substantial. In order for this to be feasible, soaking overnight prior to steaming is a must, not an option.

Last edited:
Last night we had cilantro lime rice and tacos with all the fixings (boca crumbles seasoned with taco bell seasoning, refried pinto beans with chillis, avocado, onion, lettuce, tomato, salsa verde and tofutti sour cream).

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Potato soup with celery and mushrooms, flavored with onion, garlic and rosemary, a little salt and some Tahini milk.

Should I get the urge to off myself in the next few hours, I will remember Consistency's remarks on the toxicity of potatoes, slowing eroding my brain and making cells explode. Oh my!

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Last night was slow cooker black beans. Put some fresh spinach in the bowl after while it was cooling to wilt and the last of the alfalfa sprouts I had. Was super simple.

I had black forbidden rice with black beans last night. I seasoned it with some curry, cumin, and garlic. That was topped with some fresh sliced tomatoes, corn niblets, and some pea sprouts. I will probably eat the leftovers for dinner tonight.

Reactions: Nekodaiden and Lou
The apartment was really hot so I spent most of the early evening outside. when i got in I was too hungry to cook something. I keep a can of Cuban beans for just such a situation. just heated them up with some leftover brown rice.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Well I scraped the leftovers idea. I'll eat that for lunch tomorrow. Instead...I made some cauliflower steaks. I grilled those while I baked a Japanese yam, and also made some kale & Napa cabbage coleslaw to bring it all together. My goodness was that ever tasty!

It was so hot today I made a huge salad with romaine, black olives, guacamole, lime juice, Tapatio, crushed tortilla chips and a generous portion of warm corn and peas tossed in. I know pintos or black beans sound more appropriate, but the peas were actually good - they were the frozen kind so they stayed nice and firm. :)

I had black forbidden rice with black beans last night. I seasoned it with some curry, cumin, and garlic. That was topped with some fresh sliced tomatoes, corn niblets, and some pea sprouts. I will probably eat the leftovers for dinner tonight.

@Veganite

What are the advantages (if any) to black rice as opposed to brown in terms of basic nutrient content (vitamins and minerals) and other nutrient content? I couldn't find it on the self nutrition site.

@Veganite

What are the advantages (if any) to black rice as opposed to brown in terms of basic nutrient content (vitamins and minerals) and other nutrient content? I couldn't find it on the self nutrition site.

A one-half cup serving of cooked black rice, or about ¼ cup uncooked, contains approximately (in daily recommended values):

• 160 calories
  • 1.5 grams of fat
  • 34 grams of carbohydrates
  • 2 grams of fiber
  • 5 grams of protein
  • 4% DV for iron

Well, according to doctor Greger, black rice is healthier than brown rice, and red rice is even healthier than black rice, if you're going for the nutrient bang for your buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.