What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burritos for dinner today:

Pinto beans from a can, soft shell wraps, lettuce, tomato, onion and a yummy sauce I put together from Tahini, shelled sunflower seeds, flax seeds. water, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.

It turns out my feline friend likes pinto beans. I gave her one from the can (just pinto beans water and salt) and she wanted more. So I gave her a few more. I forgot I have some dried ones that I can soak and sprout (=no digestion necessary if not cooked), without the added salt. Next time perhaps.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
A one-half cup serving of cooked black rice, or about ¼ cup uncooked, contains approximately (in daily recommended values):

• 160 calories
  • 1.5 grams of fat
  • 34 grams of carbohydrates
  • 2 grams of fiber
  • 5 grams of protein
  • 4% DV for iron

Well, according to doctor Greger, black rice is healthier than brown rice, and red rice is even healthier than black rice, if you're going for the nutrient bang for your buck.

Thanks. I wonder if the iron content is from rice cooked in water? Brown rice listed here:

https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5706/2

has 1.5mg of iron or 8%DV for a 100 gram serving. Raw rice - the cooked versions must all be done in water that is dumped since all the nutrients are lower.

I found some black rice at the store today, but it's already been cooked. Imported grains are either heat treated or outright cooked often in Australia to protect the growers here. That's unfortunate because if they have been heat treated they can't be sprouted :( .

I do love a good risotto :)

I'm having stuffed orange peppers, with some rice and beans. I seasoned it all up with some Mexi-style spices, so I'll probably add some avocado and salsa on top after they're baked.

yellow split pea soup in the instant pot

sauted onions and garlic, then celery, parsnip and carrots, added spices and miso and 25 minutes pressure cook time

delicious!

Emma JC

I had another guacamole and pea/corn salad... I've been eating it for dinner for three days, I think I should make a giant version next time I'm asked to share at a pot luck.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Last night I started a batch of Nixtamalized corn so I had some for dinner tonight. A little in the form of a Masa wrap with mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic and onions, and some more just cooked as kernels and added to wheat wraps with the same vegetables, plus some green peas as well.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Loma Linda Big Franks with ketchup, mustard and sourkraut. All of that delicious vegan 7th Day Adventist faux meat goodness.

I had mashed potatoes and raw cabbage with an Italian sauce made from soaked flax, apple cider vinegar, and various herbs.

Then I had more mashed potatoes with Tahini milk and salt.

I am about to have spaghetti with Earth Balance, nutritional yeast, and tomatoes on it. I just had some chocolate soy milk as well.

I made a black bean salad (beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, garlic, bell pepper, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper) and added half an avocado and ate it with some corn tortilla chips.

Burritos again - soft shell wraps, pinto beans, shelled sunflower seeds, cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, garlic a few drops of sesame seed oil and salt.

I polished off the can + a few more sunflower seeds.

Brr...

I had a medley of leftovers for my dinner last night. A little this, and a little that ;)

Hash brown sandwiches with homemade mustard, cabbage, mushrooms, ketchup, pickles, and peanuts.

Last night was "crab" cakes and buttered noodles. Made the cakes with garbanzo beans, hearts of palm, panko, bean water, mayo, mustard and seasonings. They were really good.

Reactions: Lou
Status
Not open for further replies.