What videogames are you playing at the moment?

Snowcone

Mandroid
Reaction score
I decided to make this thread so that others can possibly find inspiration in the exploits of others, and maybe find a cool game or two.

As far me, I'm currently playing:

Grand Theft Auto 4 (PC)
Elona+ (PC)
Final Fantasy 7 (the bootleg Chinese NES port, that was remodeled and translated by rom hackers)
Dark Law: Meaning of Death (Super Nintendo)
Mardek (Flash-based RPG)
Friday the 13th (The crappy, difficult as all get-out NES game)

I play Rift on the PC which is a fun free to play online game. Of course you can get enhanced play and goodies if you pay for it, but the free version is really good. I also play Guild Wars 2 sometimes; another free to play game. I got a PS3 and I got the game Skyrim: the Elder Scrolls because it looked so cool but I hate the PS3 controller so I have never really gotten into this game. My grandson, Colin, likes it though. :D
I have quite a few other games installed that I have never even played that I got from "Humble Bundle".

I recently finished Beyond: Two Souls for the PS3, and I'll be playing it through again because there's multiple endings based on choices you make within the game. I absolutely loved it.

Also playing Pokemon X for the 3DS, which is excellent.

I'm playing a lot of GTA V and Madden 13. I've won five Super Bowls and five MPVs in five years. I'm the greatest quarterback who ever lived, on easy mode.

Last edited:
I play Rift on the PC which is a fun free to play online game. Of course you can get enhanced play and goodies if you pay for it, but the free version is really good. I also play Guild Wars 2 sometimes; another free to play game. I got a PS3 and I got the game Skyrim: the Elder Scrolls because it looked so cool but I hate the PS3 controller so I have never really gotten into this game. My grandson, Colin, likes it though. :D
I have quite a few other games installed that I have never even played that I got from "Humble Bundle".
I played Rift when it came out. It was a decent game even though some of the classes needed a serious overhaul. I had to quit when my computer gave me grief but when I finally get it fixed I want to play it again. Hopefully my character is still on the server. And, just to kill time when I'm cooking something or don't feel like watching tv or reading, I play Bush Whacker 2.

I finally cashed in the AMD promotion for a free game, which I got a code for when I bought my graphics card. I picked up Sleeping Dogs. While it has its issues, I think it's a pretty damn nifty game. It's kinda like a more fun and interesting True Crime: Streets of LA, and without the lame attempts at humor, and in a more interesting setting (Hong Kong). I approve! :yes:

I also played a bit of Rokko Chan.

MLB 13: The Show is only $10 with PlayStation®Plus membership, which I have, so I bought it.

I'm currently a shortstop for the Erie Seawolves, a Double-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. I was playing for the Portland Sea Dogs (Red Sox) until I got traded. Despite leading the league in average, home runs and RBI, I haven't gotten promoted to Triple-A, because I suck at fielding (and my bunting skill hasn't improved enough, which is to say at all).

Fun game.

Trying to play The Witcher. The gameplay is horrendous, and I want to quit before the end of the intro. That's probably not a good sign.

Trying to play The Witcher. The gameplay is horrendous, and I want to quit before the end of the intro. That's probably not a good sign.

Uninstalled. I can't wrap my head around keyboard+mouse gaming. The battle system wasn't fun, either, and it had the same looping animation over and over for attacks(sword spinning gets really old really fast, especially when you realize how impractical they are). Lack of cut-scene skipping pretty annoying. Everything felt really slow as well.

I'll try Fallout 3 tomorrow, and maybe check if the second Witcher was any better. The hype. I always buy into it. :fp:

I'll try Fallout 3 tomorrow, and maybe check if the second Witcher was any better. The hype. I always buy into it. :fp:

I didn't do either of those things. Sleeping Dogs is finished though, and I'm now trying to attain my previous heights of statistical glory on Elona+ without save-scumming. That will take a while (months with my play style, but I won't try to do it in one go. :|
I'm thinking of trying Psychonauts to see if it really deserved that hype.

I didn't care for The Witcher, either, for similar reasons. I quit playing within an hour.

Reactions: Snowcone
I've been playing NBA 2K13. I'm currently a point guard for the Portland Trailblazers. I got promoted to starter after about 10 games. We've only lost once since. I'm a ball hog who scores lots of points, but I always credit my teammates during the post-game press conference.

Last edited:
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is currently free with PS+. I'm playing it now and I highly recommend getting it. The scenery is breathtaking. The game kind of reminds me of King's Quest IV, only better, much much better. There's not a whole lot of violence, so far anyway (though there will be blood), and the language is gibberish à la The Sims. NPR did a story on it here.
The game employs a unique control scheme that has you guiding each brother simultaneously as they explore the world. You use the left control stick to control the older, stronger and level-headed brother, while the right control stick moves the younger, somewhat mischievous sibling. The left and right shoulder triggers act as action buttons that allow the boys to flip switches, pick up objects and otherwise interact with the world.

Last edited:
Just won the championship in NBA 2K13. This is my second time, but I don't remember getting invited to the White House last time.

meatthewhitehouse_zpsd54a4f93.jpg

Never thought I'd be asked this question in a video game:

meleavingthewhitehouse_zps8d5b720c.jpg

Last edited:
I was ready to play Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, but I wanted to import my character from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. I played and beat BGI:EE awhile ago and had since wiped my hard drive to do a clean install of OS X Mavericks. Long story short: I needed to find the save game in Time Machine, copy it over, load BGI:EE, export my character, then move my character to the proper BGII:EE folder, and then import my character, her name is C'ssandra, in BGII:EE. I did all that and have begun playing BGII:EE.