What's in your Garden (& Indoor Plants)

@KLS52 If you had trouble getting interested in it, you just had other things you wanted to do more. One nice thing about flowers is that you can get just a few flowers, but it's still worth your while, even if it doesn't look like something on the cover of "Better Homes And Gardens".

All my flowers are perennials (or maybe self-seeding annuals?), and some of them might be considered weeds. The bona-fide non-weeds are: pink peonies, an iris or two**, and sundrops- at least I think they're sundrops. When I moved in over 30 years ago, they were at the back of my lot, but a tree had started growing on the other side of the fence, it started getting too shady, and they started failing. So I moved them all to the front of the house and they've been doing fine ever since. All I have to do is keep the weedy-(but-pretty-and-edible) bellflower from over-running them, and maybe water them a bit in really dry weather. Some Forget-me-nots have been growing in my lawn since I bought the place, and I transplanted many of them to the foundation area too.

**-A few years ago, an iris plant was growing in a spot a few blocks away, where a new house was being built and the property was being totally dug up or cleared. So I dug it up and planted it on my property.

Last edited: